Women's Flag Football - Future D1 sport?

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
Flag football for men and women is being added to the Olympics in 2024, and that has brought calls for the NCAA to add Women's Flag Football as a scholarship sport. Last month Sens. Rubio and Shaheen sent a letter to NCAA Commissioner Charlie Baker asking him to encourage member institutions to begin creating their own programs.

Currently, there are a few dozen NAIA programs that have formal women's flag football programs, and plans at DIII Atlantic East Conference to start their own programs.

Do you think Iowa State would be willing add flag football? Would you support a flag football program? Does the sport need to grow from the high school level first, or start at the college level to encourage lower level participation?

Would those of you with daughters encourage/have encouraged them to play if the sport was an option?

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I don’t think Iowa State has money to add this sport. I don’t see why I wouldn’t let my daughter play it though. I’d have to see it to know how interested I’d be.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Jesus H. Christ another participation sport that no one needs or cares about. How high was the Olympic committee when they approved that dumb *ss idea.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Jesus H. Christ another participation sport that no one needs or cares about. How high was the Olympic committee when they approved that dumb *ss idea.

I believe the thinking is NFL players would be able to participate. Could be interesting!

Help Support Us

Become a patron