Women's March Madness thread

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
aTm loses as Adams misses the winner from the corner. Stinks they had to play a decetn 7 seed in Gonzaga's backyard. Okie State in OT as Riley misses the winner at the buzzer. She's liek 5 for 25 tonight.

Covenant Clone

Aug 30, 2006
Clive
Riley takes 31 shots and only makes 9 of them. Man I would hate being on her team. Had on open teammate standing on the three point line on the last play of the game but instead she jacks up a half court shot with 1.5 left on the clock.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Riley takes 31 shots and only makes 9 of them. Man I would hate being on her team. Had on open teammate standing on the three point line on the last play of the game but instead she jacks up a half court shot with 1.5 left on the clock.

I've kind of defended Riley on this board; at least recognized her talent.
But did you catch her act at the end of regulation, when OSU had possession for a game-winning shot? With about 15 sec. to go, Riley has the ball and just stands in the backcourt, pounding her chest with her fist; then finally dribbles to the frontcourt with 4 seconds remaining and misses from the FT line.
You're right. I would hate being on her team.

Covenant Clone

Aug 30, 2006
Clive
I've kind of defended Riley on this board; at least recognized her talent.
But did you catch her act at the end of regulation, when OSU had possession for a game-winning shot? With about 15 sec. to go, Riley has the ball and just stands in the backcourt, pounding her chest with her fist; then finally dribbles to the frontcourt with 4 seconds remaining and misses from the FT line.
You're right. I would hate being on her team.

Oh no doubt she is talented...I didn't catch the end of regulation. I just flipped it over to espn 2 when the were showing the overtime. That's unbelievable, hopefully she gets knocked down a few notches in the wnba. If she played within herself and took good shots she would be very good.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Oh no doubt she is talented...I didn't catch the end of regulation. I just flipped it over to espn 2 when the were showing the overtime. That's unbelievable, hopefully she gets knocked down a few notches in the wnba. If she played within herself and took good shots she would be very good.

I was cheering for Georgia anyway. Andy Landers is a class coach and they are a class team. Too bad they're playing Stanford now.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Funny OSU wins without Riley and then loses with her. She's finally jacked up her last shot as a college player. Praise the Lord!:yes:

Stumpy

Apr 10, 2006
Tucson, AZ
Did anybody catch Griner's stat line from Baylor's 49-33 win over Georgetown last night? 7 points, 6 rebounds, and 14 blocks (13 in the second half). More blocks than Georgetown had field goals.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

She is a punk. She got suspended for punching the gal in the tournament two years ago and got away with a punch away from the action in the Big 12 tournament that same year that the refs missed. I can't watch her and see ballhog versus talent, all I see is punk.

Stumpy

Apr 10, 2006
Tucson, AZ
(7) Mississippi State is leading (2) Ohio State at the half, 46-34.

(10) Vermont is hanging with (2) Notre Dame, ND up 31-27 in the closing minutes of the first half.

(6) Vanderbilt tied up with (3) Xavier at 27 at the half.

And UCONN is taking yet another opponent to the woodshed, leading Temple 55-12 after 20 minutes.