women's selection show

statsaholic

May 17, 2006
Sloan, Iowa
Thanks.. Just a side note, if you havent seen Okie State play, that should be fun as well. And they are deserving of our fan support. I know it is tough, but it would be cool to have a rally of sorts and we clone fans could co-support our conference mates with a warm Iowa welcome.

Riley from OSU is amazing by the way. Go State....

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
Does anybody know if the women's tourney uses a pod system like the men's, where they try to keep the top 4 seeds in each region close to home?

The reason I ask, is the twister sisters are likely to be REALLY good next year and I see nothing wrong with dreaming for a 4 seed or better. Since ISU isn't the host school in DSM next year (I think Iowa is?) it would be nice to get a high enough seed to keep ISU in DSM, especially if the squawkettes don't make it!

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
The women's tournament is going back to 16 predetermined host sites (four teams each) in 2009. Iowa City is one of those. I believe that if Iowa doesn't make the tournament (and they probably won't, given the personnel they lose), and if ISU has a really good year (with everybody returning) -- then it is a real possibility that ISU will play in Carver-Dumpeye for the first two rounds.

Iowa State/Ames is hosting the first two rounds in 2010, so the Cyclones would be guaranteed home court.

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
If/when we win Saturday AM, does anyone know when we would play on Monday, 6 or 8:30, I need to schedule work around this.

I am guessing the later game since we would play the 2 seed, or does it depend on who wins?

Anyone know the answer to when we would play on Monday? 6 or 8:30; or does this depend on who wins?

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
The women's tournament is going back to 16 predetermined host sites (four teams each) in 2009. Iowa City is one of those. I believe that if Iowa doesn't make the tournament (and they probably won't, given the personnel they lose), and if ISU has a really good year (with everybody returning) -- then it is a real possibility that ISU will play in Carver-Dumpeye for the first two rounds.

The first of those two conditions is the most important. If we are the #1 team in the nation but Iowa makes the tournament, we will not play in Iowa City. If we are a decent team and Iowa doesn't make the tournament, there's a real possibility of ending up in Iowa City. The other nearby(ish) possibilities if we don't play in IC are Michigan State, Notre Dame, and Ohio State.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Anyone know the answer to when we would play on Monday? 6 or 8:30; or does this depend on who wins?

If I had to guess, I'd say the earlier game, since ISU and our potential opponent play the earlier pair of games on Saturday.

Also, the Iowa Events Center website says the Monday games are at 7 and 9:30. Not sure which is correct.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron