"Work Spouse"

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
No, I've never really had a close relationship with somebody I work with. I enjoy everybody I work with and have worked with for the most part, but in my company there is always kind of an emphasis on moving on and moving up so generally you aren't working with the same people for a long period of time. Also, I think I just have a different mentality about work - I'm not there to make friends. I like these people and I enjoy some laughs with them but we really aren't ever going to be close friends.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I'm on a team of 10 and all dudes, been on the job 5 months. Guess it's time to pick a husband
I think it was Bill Engvall that said if it wasn’t for the sex, I could be gay…. Then it’s just hanging out with your buddies.

Althetuna

Ducky was the best dog.
SuperFanatic
Jul 7, 2012
Somewhere in the Minneapolis Area
I have a work spouse. We knew each other in high school but really didn't get close until we worked together at McDonalds when I was a junior. She was sarcastic, funny, sexy, and somewhat dangerous. I ended up marrying her. 30 years later still going strong.

The path has gone full circle. We now both work from home and we both really enjoy it.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Not sure I understand the definition. Someone of the opposite sex? Someone of the same sex? Physical attraction part of it?

I guess I’ve had good friends at work, both male and female, but idk about calling any of them a “work spouse.”

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Not sure I understand the definition. Someone of the opposite sex? Someone of the same sex? Physical attraction part of it?

I guess I’ve had good friends at work, both male and female, but idk about calling any of them a “work spouse.”
It’s someone that you interact with like they could be your spouse. Are around each other and flip crap back and forth.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
No, I've never really had a close relationship with somebody I work with. I enjoy everybody I work with and have worked with for the most part, but in my company there is always kind of an emphasis on moving on and moving up so generally you aren't working with the same people for a long period of time. Also, I think I just have a different mentality about work - I'm not there to make friends. I like these people and I enjoy some laughs with them but we really aren't ever going to be close friends.

Same, I go to work to make money. If I happen to make a friend, great, but I'm not there to make friends. I am there to make money.

Reactions: khardbored

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

I would consider work spouse someone’s that’s boinkable.

• Disagree
Reactions: Tri4Cy and CloneIce

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
My wife always claimed I had a work wife but on a different aspect. The president's admin assistant and I would both work 50+ hours and be in there on nights and weekends, so the wife would joke that she was my work wife. We are friends and get along well but rarely even talk to each other. For one, she is a widow and 10 years older than me (and a huge Hawkeye fan). It was all strictly business related. Now we are in different buildings so I only see her about once per quarter.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I disagree. My lunches and afternoon delight.... worth skipping an hour train ride
cant-relate-annoyed.gif

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
My office is dudes and 2 secretaries in their 60s, so no.

Funny story, though. Had some buddies going to trivia one night and I text my wife "hey, do you care if I do trivia tonight?". Unfortunately, my fat fingers turned "trivia" into "Tricia", which just so happens to be the name of my secretary. Whoops.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
My office is dudes and 2 secretaries in their 60s, so no.

Funny story, though. Had some buddies going to trivia one night and I text my wife "hey, do you care if I do trivia tonight?". Unfortunately, my fat fingers turned "trivia" into "Tricia", which just so happens to be the name of my secretary. Whoops.

Dear Penthouse Forum, I couldn't believe this actually happened to me....

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I don't know that I've ever had someone I'd call a "work spouse" and frankly, I find that term a little cringeworthy, but I definitely tend to form close bonds and strong friendships at work. Some of my closest friends are people that I've worked with, and that seems logical to me, considering the amount of time you spend together and shared experiences.

Reactions: Angie and MJ29