Would Spencer Petras start on Paul Rhoads ISU teams?

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
He wouldn’t start for quite a few high school teams in Iowa. He’s broken. Any other coach in the country would have benched him a long time ago.

Reactions: DFWClone

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Steele Jantz wipes the ******* floor with Petras.

No, he doesn't start. At least Rhoads pulled guys if they played like that, even if the backup also sucked.

Reactions: CycloneVet

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I give Petras a ton of credit for facing the press in the post game press conference. He took it like a man, and I felt bad for him.

If Brian Ferentz we're a man, he would have gone out there himself to take the heat instead of sending his broken QB.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
He says his mechanics are off. He also says he QB coach doesn’t know how to try a ball. Put those together and the mechanics can’t get fixed.

Now throw in a ooorer line than rhey normally have and their running game is not get traction. Their passing game is based on play action, if your running game is not working, then play action won’t either.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I listen to a ton of CFB, B1g, and hawkeye pods. When people say he is far and away their best Qb based on practice, they aren’t blowing smoke.
A dad of a player who was on the team told me that Labia (whatever his name is) is the best Qb on the team and should be starting be Petras is kirks boy and will start.

Throw in kirks dictatorship style and as long as the fans complain, Kirk will roll SP out to tell Iowa fans that it’s his decision.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Those CPR qbs always seemed to regress, got mindfkd by the coaching staff.
Think Brian has done same to Petras. So overcoached (or poorly coached) he cant get out of his own way physically. Every 3rd throw is airmailed.
But as previously noted, he is getting zero help. O line bad. Run game bad. WRs just a theoretical concept. Its not like its just him that is failing. It is ALL failing.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I give Petras a ton of credit for facing the press in the post game press conference. He took it like a man, and I felt bad for him.

If Brian Ferentz we're a man, he would have gone out there himself to take the heat instead of sending his broken QB.

I still had the BTN droning on in the background and they has a weather delay or something at Michigan and were showing that.

I honesty thought that was a kicker or something.

It could have been the lighting or background or something but he sure didn't look anything like a jacked-up FB player.

It had to be agony to do that so I feel for him.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
Rhoads quarterbacks were somewhat a rotating carousel, so I wouldn't be surprised if he would have been subbed in at some point.

But eventually we would have just put in Tiller.

Reactions: isutrevman

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

I don't dislike Petras at all. Seems like a good kid, and he comes out and answers the questions and takes the heat. Same can't be said for the coward Brian Ferentz. Guy makes $900,000 a year, and his offense is the worst in the nation, and he doesn't come out and face the heat and take questions like Petras does. Didn't he do his mid week presser online this past week? What a loser.

It's KF and BF's fault they keep putting Petras out there to embarrass himself when he's just flat out not good enough. It's not Petras' fault.

Last edited: