Would Spencer Petras start on Paul Rhoads ISU teams?

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
I kinda' feel bad for Petras. Yes, he looked horrible for most of the game, but his receivers did him no favors. At the end of the game he actually threw some very catchable balls that were not caught by his receivers. Not to mention it is on the coaches to replace him if he is not performing at an acceptable level. What is he supposed to do bench himself?

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and cydonk

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
They have a bad OL and LaPorta is the only reliable receiver he has, there is no one on that offense playing with any kind of confidence. It's a dumpster fire but Kirk and Brian are roasting marshmallows.

They do have 4 WR's out right now, but I don't know how much it would help him if they were playing. He's missing open guys all the time now, so who he's throwing to doesn't really matter.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Iowa's offense is a perfect storm right now. They have a terrible QB, their O-Line is the worst they've had in 20 years, their running backs are below average, and they have the worst group of WR in P5 football right now.

There is nothing they can do. Their talent is what it is. They'll get a little help if Ragaini and Keegan Johnson return, but those guys aren't game changers either. I've also heard rumblings that Johnson might be out for the whole season. They are in a terrible spot offensively with no answers.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Gonna be hilarious when Arland Bruce enters the transfer portal in December. Iowa’s WR room is really really bad. Petra’s is taking a lot of heat but he really doesn’t have much to work with. It’s between the ears at this point and Hawk fans booing him just rattles him even more. Padilla isn’t the answer either and most rational Iowa fans know this.

Land Grant

Oct 30, 2006
Honestly, who knows what capabilities Petras has/does not have? All we really can really decipher from this is that he's being coached by Brian Ferentz.

Reactions: Acylum

CyCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2014
West Des Moines
I kinda' feel bad for Petras. Yes, he looked horrible for most of the game, but his receivers did him no favors. At the end of the game he actually threw some very catchable balls that were not caught by his receivers. Not to mention it is on the coaches to replace him if he is not performing at an acceptable level. What is he supposed to do bench himself?
Here, you don't need to feel bad for him anymore.

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
Here, you don't need to feel bad for him anymore.

That is a very bizarre comment considering a Big XII D just made him look like a pile of dog poo or does he think 4.5 seconds is too little time and he will have more against the mighty Wolverines... I may be old school but generally you don't try to diss a team that just beat you.