Would you trade places with Iowa fans?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Seriously, Clone fans don't boo their own? Even when bad Nebraska and A&M teams were handing the Clones a curb-stomping, I'm sure there was nothing but polite applause as Chiz and the boys went up the ramp at halftime. They'll be booing again this Saturday.

You have to admit that's a little different than booing that CB last year on senior day when he was walking on the field with his family.

Edit: Shada, that was his name.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
You have to admit that's a little different than booing that CB last year on senior day when he was walking on the field with his family.

Edit: Shada, that was his name.

True story.... I was there with family... Senior day boo off....:notworthy:

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
My thought is, we justify our losses and our misery by the fact we run a clean program. By the same token, I have no doubt we would justify them if we were winning the big XII. I'm not so sure that the seasons Iowa has had, that I would be able to justify them. Winning the Big XII though and going to the BCS, there is no doubt in my mind I'd be able to justify what's going on at Iowa. Again, I'm not condoning it, merely giving the opinion that the arrests would be harder to swollow if you're winning big games.

Lenny25

Jan 2, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
What you are saying may be true, but I don't think the way your posts are written here would stand out as much on Hawkeyenation. I think you'd just be another regular poster on that board.

Or, would you turn a new leaf on their boards and only talk positives? That would really get under the skin of the majority of hawk fans over there. Maybe you're already doing that?

I've never been to a Hawkeye board in my life. As I've said before in other posts. I couldn't care less about what goes on in Iowa City. Let me ask you this. If for some reason Iowa State was actually good in football, would people still be bringing up all of these issues in Iowa City? Or are some people so juvenile that it actually helps take the sting out of our own miserable program by piling on theirs. This obsesion with EIU is embarrasing.

I know I'm being labeled as a troll or a Hawk Fan, so be it. Unlike several people on here, I actually attended and graduated from ISU.

Last edited:

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
I've never been to a Hawkeye board in my life. As I've said before in other posts. I couldn't care less about what goes on in Iowa City. Let me ask you this. If for some reason Iowa State was actually good in football, would people still be bringing up all of these issues in Iowa City? Or are some people so juvenile that it actually helps take the sting out of our own miserable program by piling on theirs. This obsesion with EIU is embarrasing.

I know I'm being labeled as a troll or a Hawk Fan, so be it.

Let me be clear: Lenny25 is not a troll. He has picked up trolls in Campustown, but he is not a troll.

Lenny25

Jan 2, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
What you are saying may be true, but I don't think the way your posts are written here would stand out as much on Hawkeyenation. I think you'd just be another regular poster on that board.

Or, would you turn a new leaf on their boards and only talk positives? That would really get under the skin of the majority of hawk fans over there. Maybe you're already doing that?

Additionally, I'll "talk positives" as you say, as soon as we see some W's. I'm not going to cheer moral victories game to game.

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
Would I love for ISU to have their record right now? Sure. Would I have a problem with multiple arrests if ISU were winning? Nope, I want to WIN. But I want ISU to win, not iowa. I wouldn't want to claim the idiot, dirtbag, lowlife segment (and it's NOT just a vocal minority) of their fanbase as fellow fans.

At least at ISU, we don't have to resort to looking down on other fans, universities and cities to make ourselves feel better. Our history allows us to be able to treat other fanbases with a little respect and not relate our self worth with athletic success.

Lenny25

Jan 2, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
Would I love for ISU to have their record right now? Sure. Would I have a problem with multiple arrests if ISU were winning? Nope, I want to WIN. But I want ISU to win, not iowa. I wouldn't want to claim the idiot, dirtbag, lowlife segment (and it's NOT just a vocal minority) of their fanbase as fellow fans.

At least at ISU, we don't have to resort to looking down on other fans, universities and cities to make ourselves feel better. Our history allows us to be able to treat other fanbases with a little respect and not relate our self worth with athletic success.

Wait a minute.......because..............

Isn't that exactly what people are doing on these boards when they continually bring up all the issues surrounding the University of Iowa.

Kettle I'd like you to meet pot..........

Reactions: SplitIdentity

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
Is this how low things have gotten for us that we try to rationalize our own miserable failings by saying "at least our guys don't get into trouble?" I guess if it makes you feel better go ahead and rationalize away everything. Not me....the guys should stay out of trouble regardless and respect their scholarship's which are a privelege to keep.

Lenny25

Jan 2, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
Is this how low things have gotten for us that we try to rationalize our own miserable failings by saying "at least our guys don't get into trouble?" I guess if it makes you feel better go ahead and rationalize away everything. Not me....the guys should stay out of trouble regardless and respect their scholarship's which are a privelege to keep.

Take cover.

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Would you trade places with Iowa fans right now and take a 6-4 ISU team with a big win against a top 5 team in the country, but by accepting that you would also have Iowa's 20+ arrests in the past year, including theft, robbery, and sexual assault?

Or would you rather have our current team the way it is, with virtually no arrests in the last two years under Gene Chizik?

For me it's a no brainer... I'm glad and proud to be a Cyclone fan... and I wouldn't trade this bad year for a bunch of thugs any day of the week.

Granted, we've had our fair share under DMac, but thus far... say what you want about Chizik, but he runs a tight, clean ship. He should be proud of that. I fear what we might have had here if we had hired Brewster instead? Half of his highly touted recruiting class is flunking out from what I hear?

I wouldn't want to be a hawkeye fan but if all it took was to recruit some thugs and we could go to the alamo bowl a few times, the cap one bowl, and the orange bowl and knock off #3 penn state...yeah, I'd take the thugs in a second.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
I used to be a hawk fan, born in IC. I found the light and wouldn't go back for all the W's in the world. Being a Cyclone fan is special and there is a different comradry with being in the Cyclone family than when I was a hawk. Everytime I am in the stands at JTS, I am with people who have gone through the same heartbreak that has come with being a State fan in the recent past. Cyclone fans are special and I wouldn't trade being one for having a team with 4 more wins even with or without having 20+ more arrests or w/e...

LOYAL SONS FOREVER TRUE!

Irresponsible

Jul 3, 2008
Seattle, WA
I remember the Jim Criner days when we cheated and STILL lost. At least we've gotten past that.

It's interesting; I thought the game was all about student athletes, but Kansas State fired Ron Prince even though he has the Big XII's top graduation rate and took the team to a bowl game. I guess it's more about winning there as well.

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
Nope . . loyalty, honor, and integrity are more important than any gaudy win by a bunch of hired guns in Iowa City.