Would you trade places with Iowa fans?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Let me think......

I would love to be 6-4 and going to a bowl... Although I wouldn't want to be a Hawk or cheer for the Hawks...

Reasons why....

And I don't want to live in this...

o_TRAILER_HOME1.jpg

And I don't want to look like that guy...

That wouldd be an upgrade compared to their vehicle:
kdble2.jpg

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
To directly answer the question: No, I wouldn't take any record, if it meant our head coach was a scum-ball and our players were a bunch of criminals.

I'd like to have both a great record, AND well-behaved players.

Anyone that spends more than 2 - 3 minutes watching KirK Ferentz can tell he is a solid guy.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Anyone that spends more than 2 - 3 minutes watching KirK Ferentz can tell he is a solid guy.

He's a solid guy that chews gums.... and wonders when his next cover up is coming...

(Son housing problem, DJK moving into crime scene)

You can't make that up...

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
He's a solid guy that chews gums.... and wonders when his next cover up is coming...

(Son housing problem, DJK moving into crime scene)

You can't make that up...

Our fans' constant chub for KF and the Hawks is embarassing.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Our fans' constant chub for KF and the Hawks is embarassing.

And your obsession with him is kinda sad and scary... Let me guess, you loved Fry too...

Sorry the team is our rival... I don't have to like him or care for him..

Edit.... how can you actually respect a guy that has no control on his players even if he does win.... Most teams with this many arrests usually win a national title. Not upset the weakest #3 team in the history of football and still being mediocre at best.

Last edited:

Lenny25

Jan 2, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas

I have no problem with KF. How soon we forget that in Danny Mac's first year he had a little personal domestic abuse situation going on and we cheered that guy like he was the savior. What's going on in Iowa City is no different than what was going on at OU back in the 80's when they were winning titles or Miami for that matter.

I'll take wins with thugs over constant losses all day long.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I have no problem with KF. How soon we forget that in Danny Mac's first year he had a little personal domestic abuse situation going on and we cheered that guy like he was the savior. What's going on in Iowa City is no different than what was going on at OU back in the 80's when they were winning titles or Miami for that matter.

Good point.. but the last 3 years with all the problems, they haven't been winning...... A few games above .500 is not great. Granted I would take it..

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
They have winning more than us in the past 3 years..The past 30 years for that matter.

Cause KF had a big part of that....

I did say they are a few games above .500... Which I would take.. Considering our record...

But would you really want the constant arrests and fans from other teams constantly making fun of you and looking down on your program??

Difference.... Nebraska had all these problem under Osborne, but they won almost every game... People looked down on the program but had respect for them..

Iowa... Last 3 years 7-6, 6-6, 6-4 so far.... Everyone looks at them as a dirty (behavior problem) team, but not many people outside their fan base respect them...

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Cause KF had a big part of that....

I did say they are a few games above .500... Which I would take.. Considering our record...

But would you really want the constant arrests and fans from other teams constantly making fun of you and looking down on your program??

Difference.... Nebraska had all these problem under Osborne, but they won almost every game... People looked down on the program but had respect for them..

Iowa... Last 3 years 7-6, 6-6, 6-4 so far.... Everyone looks at them as a dirty (behavior problem) team, but not many people outside their fan base respect them...

Are fans in Madison, East Lansing, and Bloomington really keeping track of the Iowa arrest blotter? I'm thinking its an ISU obsession. Please show me I'm wrong.

cyman1189

Aug 11, 2008
Akron, OH
seeing as being a hawk fan automatically turns you into a HUUUUGGGGEEEE douchebag. **** NO!!!! i would never trade places with any of them. Id rather not be known to boo my own team. Iowa fans are the lowest of the low of college football fans in my book.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Are fans in Madison, East Lansing, and Bloomington really keeping track of the Iowa arrest blotter? I'm thinking its an ISU obsession. Please show me I'm wrong.

My cousins from Spencer Wisconson are huge Hawk fans... One of them is a cop.. And he hears about it all the time from friends he know and cops joking about how stupid the kids from Iowa are if they can't avoid the cops...

Proof enough for me...

Plus I do have friends from other states that do hear about this stuff through message boards and laugh like crazy about it..

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
seeing as being a hawk fan automatically turns you into a HUUUUGGGGEEEE douchebag. **** NO!!!! i would never trade places with any of them. Id rather not be known to boo my own team. Iowa fans are the lowest of the low of college football fans in my book.

Seriously, Clone fans don't boo their own? Even when bad Nebraska and A&M teams were handing the Clones a curb-stomping, I'm sure there was nothing but polite applause as Chiz and the boys went up the ramp at halftime. They'll be booing again this Saturday.

cyco2000

Nov 5, 2007

What you are saying may be true, but I don't think the way your posts are written here would stand out as much on Hawkeyenation. I think you'd just be another regular poster on that board.

Or, would you turn a new leaf on their boards and only talk positives? That would really get under the skin of the majority of hawk fans over there. Maybe you're already doing that?

Help Support Us

Become a patron