"WTF?" TV Commercials

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
My wife bought something like that called Poo-pourri. Some sort of fragrant oil I think. I never use it.
I actually know the guy that started that product. Sold it off to Amazon a couple years ago and will never really have to work again. 8 figure deal.

Runs a recording studio for fun on the side.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I actually know the guy that started that product. Sold it off to Amazon a couple years ago and will never really have to work again. 8 figure deal.

Just used it on our Colorado trip. A few sprays into the bowl before you sit, works great.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneDaddy

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I like the life insurance commercials that guarantee you money EVEN IF YOU DON'T DIE.

Of course I know they mean if you don't die within the term, but they don't say that fully. They say "even if you don't die" as if their target market is immortals.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
One other thing I notice is that seems like there are a lot of erectile dysfunction commercials during the 6pm news these days which makes for some awkward moments if my elementary age kids are paying attention to the TV at all while I am watching. I'm just waiting for the day when one of them asks what ED is.
Maybe Lume will help keep the use of erectile dysfunction to a minimum?

• Haha
Reactions: CYdTracked

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL

There is actually an industry for this kind of stuff. Not poo-pouri, but to make products, like soaps, spices, tea, household items, etc. with the hopes of selling it to Amazon when it begins to take off.

• Agree
Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Last few weeks during WWE raw there has been a commercial about women going number 2 in the bathroom.