WVU @ OU

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Interested to see how WVU's physical, pressing, and fouling style will travel on the road vs a team similar to Iowa St, that likes to score.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
That crowd is embarrassing for OU. There are two top 25 teams playing and that's the attendance? I know OSU and OU like to say that the Oklahoma City Thunder is the reason for this, but the Thunder don't even have a game tonight. Say what you will about KU and KSU, but at least their fans show up and give a crap

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I think we root for OU here... OU will get swept by KU. WVU might split.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I think we root for OU here... OU will get swept by KU. WVU might split.
By the same token, we've already beaten WVU on the road so assuming we beat them at home itd be nice to have the tiebreaker if we get tied for 2nd with WVU

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
We will be competing with these two teams for second place. Really think WVU has more losses ahead than OU.

Looks like OU is gonna paste them anyway. Wouldn't be surprised at all if OU goes 8-1 in their last nine.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
We will be competing with these two teams for second place. Really think WVU has more losses ahead than OU.

Looks like OU is gonna paste them anyway. Wouldn't be surprised at all if OU goes 8-1 in their last nine.

Not even possible for OU to go 8-1. People here say we're inconsistent, but OU can change from moment to moment. They'll lose a few more.

PullnPray

Feb 26, 2013
Most of you seem to have given up on the possibility of ISU winning the conference this year. But WVU is only 1 game behind KU. With two head-to-head games coming up, WVU is in control of their own destiny. So why aren't you guys rooting for WVU tonight in hopes that they can dethrone Kansas? Or perhaps you want KU's streak to continue until ISU can dethrone us.

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
Most of you seem to have given up on the possibility of ISU winning the conference this year. But WVU is only 1 game behind KU. With two head-to-head games coming up, WVU is in control of their own destiny. So why aren't you guys rooting for WVU tonight in hopes that they can dethrone Kansas? Or perhaps you want KU's streak to continue until ISU can dethrone us.

[video=youtube;wKjxFJfcrcA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjxFJfcrcA[/video]

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
I see no difference in 2nd or 3rd in the conference. Here's to WVU winning all but one to win the conference.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
West Virginia showed what happens when they don't play TCU or Texas Tech. Break their press and take care of the ball and force WVU into a half court offense and they are doomed. Only Texas Tech is worse at shooting the ball than West Virginia. WVU will lose at least five of their last 10 games including last night.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Miles Simon made an interesting observation about seeing WVU the second time around and not being surprised by the pressure. I suppose that's a significant factor.

But being able to control the ball, ball-handlers, is critical. K-State, for example, probably won't do any better the second game because State has horrible ball-handling skills. I'm not sure our forward, Wes Iwundu, isn't the best at doing that, which is a pretty sad commentary on guard play.

Anyway, nice win by well-coached Sooners in an dreadful atmosphere.

Last edited:

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
West Virginia showed what happens when they don't play TCU or Texas Tech. Break their press and take care of the ball and force WVU into a half court offense and they are doomed. Only Texas Tech is worse at shooting the ball than West Virginia. WVU will lose at least five of their last 10 games including last night.

WVU also sucks on the road where the refs aren't going to pass on half the fouls they commit.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
WVU also sucks on the road where the refs aren't going to pass on half the fouls they commit.

I dont' think thats it.... I think WVU doesn't commit as many fouls away from home. They still get roughly the same amount of fouls called. But their bullying on the BB court doesn't travel.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
I dont' think thats it.... I think WVU doesn't commit as many fouls away from home. They still get roughly the same amount of fouls called. But their bullying on the BB court doesn't travel.

I'll take your word for it, haven't really watched much of them on the road.