WVU vs. KU

mcdrier

Dec 11, 2013
It would be nice to have West VA beat KU tonight, but they have many things working against them. I think West VA is beaten up...they have 3 injuries..not sure if Staten is playing or not.

Plus, the game is at AFH. There is just no way anyone is going there and winning.

Besides, I think ISU has gotten some help this year and the team just did not take advantage of it..So even if there is some sort of miracle, who knows if ISU would even take advantage on Sat.

There is a slight chance for ISU to get the number 1 seed, but it seems more likely to earn a 2 seed. No matter what seed they earn in KC, it is going to be tough to even get to play on Sat. evening. The only thing that would help is to avoid Baylor as long as ISU can.

Hope for the best tonight.

Ciclone

May 5, 2008
Clive
Staten isn't playing. Neither is Browne.

There'd have to be a Christmas Miracle for WV to win.

mcdrier

Dec 11, 2013
Geeze, if that is the case, the game will be over by the 5 min. mark. Now we have to worry about West VA staying in the top 4!

I was looking at the mred's bracket generator and I tend to agree with the write here on CF. ISU may be best at being the number 3 seed to play the most likely 6th seed Okie State.

I would rather play a fresh Okie State in the 3/6 games rather than one game played in KC Texas team in the 2/7 game...Texas size always worries me, even though we handled them fairly well this year at least.

But either way get Baylor on the upper half of the bracket and let them battle KU....get us in the bottom half of the bracket...I will take that.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
WVU vs home court KU refs could be...interesting. Would not be looking forward to it if I were a WVU fan.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
There is a slight chance for ISU to get the number 1 seed, but it seems more likely to earn a 2 seed.

After Kansas wins tonight (they will), Iowa State will get a 2 seed by winning on Saturday and getting just one of these three games to go their way:

West Virginia over Oklahoma State at WVU,
or
Kansas over Oklahoma at OU,
or
Texas Tech over Baylor at BU

So long as ISU takes care of business at TCU they only need one of those three outcomes to occur to get the 2 seed.