WWE WrestleMania 32/NXT TakeOver: Dallas (2016) Thread

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Like mania, overall still just disappointed with the RAW after mania. It was great in the beginning when we find out Shane is in charge, but then we see little to no impact from that. Maybe that means WWE will act like things went great and cause controversy? Still, just a bummer of a RAW for what could have been.

Can someone catch me up on Styles? He's certainly entertaining, but what did he do to get this push so quick?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Can someone catch me up on Styles? He's certainly entertaining, but what did he do to get this push so quick?

Because Styles may be new to WWE, but he's no rookie. He was the face of TNA when that actually meant something, and he was the face of NJPW - an American face in a Japanese promotion. In fact, he's the guy that took control of Bullet Club after Prince Devitt (now known as Finn Balor) left NJPW for NXT.

I actually knew little but what I read about Styles before he came to WWE. He absolutely deserves this immediate push, and few who know about the industry as a whole would ever question it.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Like mania, overall still just disappointed with the RAW after mania. It was great in the beginning when we find out Shane is in charge, but then we see little to no impact from that. Maybe that means WWE will act like things went great and cause controversy? Still, just a bummer of a RAW for what could have been.

He's a legend in the indy ranks. He's been the champ all over the world, and carried TNA in their really good days.

EDIT: Quoting is hard.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
A.J. Styles was one of the biggest wrestling stars in the world outside of WWE. That is why he is getting this push. He was #1 guy in TNA, New Japan, and ROH when he was in their. He is a phenomenal talent (hence the name ''The Phenomenal One''). The problem with him is that he is getting some age now, and he doesn't fit in as one of Vince's guys. I'm glad he is getting a title shot. He obviously won't win, but in the title picture is where he belongs.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
If Vince wants Enzo and Cass to succeed, he just has to treat them like he treated New Day - stay out of their way and let them work their magic. Do that and they will be gold for him.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'm down with Styles....just excited for some new blood. I almost woulda bet money Jericho was winning just because it would have been the safest move for Vince.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Ok, now I know where the whole "Primo and Epico" are coming from - that random "Greetings from Puerto Rico" promo that I had no clue about. I knew Primo and Epico were repackaged as Los Matadores, but I didn't know that's what that was.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Uh, no. They only cut a promo.

Just because you obviously don't watch NXT doesn't mean the rest of us don't. So yes, we HAVE seen them in the ring. And they are more than adequate. They actually do things other teams on the main roster don't do (like instead of suicide planchas/dives, Cass will actually toss Enzo at the opponents standing outside of the ring).

Just stop typing and sit back and enjoy, because you clearly have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Enzo and Cass. Right now you're just embarrassing yourself trying to compensate for being left out of some secret that you're not privy to.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Just because you obviously don't watch NXT doesn't mean the rest of us don't. So yes, we HAVE seen them in the ring. And they are more than adequate. They actually do things other teams on the main roster don't do (like instead of suicide planchas/dives, Cass will actually toss Enzo at the opponents standing outside of the ring).

Just stop typing and sit back and enjoy, because you clearly have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Enzo and Cass. Right now you're just embarrassing yourself trying to compensate for being left out of some secret that you're not privy to.

That's a bit much. He's just saying that people who don't watch NXT haven't seen them yet. Even here on the Internet, that's most of us watching RAW.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
I tell it like it is. They've only had one appearance and we haven't seen what they can do in the ring yet. Maybe they'll surprise everyone and stick around.

A lot of people have seen what they can do on a regular basis. Do you think that many people just went nuts for them the first time they saw them and magically knew their catch phrases?