Xzavion Mitchell commits

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I recommend that anybody never worry about the rankings of any high school commit that we get under TJ. Will they all pan out? No, but this staff does not recruit based on rankings. We have a type.

A type and receipts after three years that they can help players get really good.

Reactions: TheCampanile

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Thanks! Forgot about Rogers too. Seriously thought Batemon and Bynum were our guard and forward targets then Moore and Mitchell committed. I'm hoping TJ builds the program so the transfer portal isn't necessary also. Like the 4 year kids.

In this day and age that will never happen again. We will always have transfer out and transfers in. Now way to avoid it. It’s good to keep getting freshman though instead of relying on the portal to get a full team like Arkansas

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I’m going to go out on a limb and say that TJ is about to the stage where he uses the portal mainly to fill roster holes from defections…if there are any.

That said, to me it’s Kai Rogers next on the list, and anyone else is a sheer luxury.
I’ll disagree. I just think there’s too much talent in the portal. It won’t be wholesale portal stuff though if that’s what you’re saying, I would agree 100 percent.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Thanks! Forgot about Rogers too. Seriously thought Batemon and Bynum were our guard and forward targets then Moore and Mitchell committed. I'm hoping TJ builds the program so the transfer portal isn't necessary also. Like the 4 year kids.
I think Rodgers was always the top player on their list of bugs above Bynum. Bateman is still at the top of their board imo but he is taking to long to make his mind up.

DrClone

Jun 13, 2009
We dominate Wisconsin I feel b/c we have put two Wisconsin guys into the NBA recently.

Tyrese Haliburton and Deonte Burton. That stuff matters big time - as does on court success at ISU.

Momcilovich is the next Wisconsin pro coming to an arena near you.
fify

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Just watched the highlights of his matchup with Cooper Flagg. He may be 6'8.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
We dominate Wisconsin I feel b/c we have put two Wisconsin guys into the NBA recently.

Tyrese Haliburton and Deonte Burton. That stuff matters big time - as does on court success at ISU.

Momcilovich is the next Wisconsin pro coming to a theater near you.
It really helps being the closest big 12 school to Wisconsin, Illinois, and Minnesota. There are plenty of kids in that area that want to play big 12 basketball and TJ is committed to recruiting those states.

Reactions: CyValley

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines

Not scared in the slightest of the best prospect in the country. Seems patient and crafty, and seems taller than listed. Video is from 9 months ago.

Reactions: t-noah and bozclone

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
A great pickup. A bit of a tweener right now, but great upside and is our type of player.

Since rosters are year-to-year, we have room for Rogers and Batemon.

Some quality freshman coming in, even if it’s more important now to hit in the portal

Last edited:

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
A great pickup. A bit of a tweener right now, but great upside and is our type of player.

Since rosters are year-to-year, we have room for Rogers and Batemon.

Some quality freshman coming in, even if it’s more important now to hit in the portal
Why tweeter? Sounds like good wing size and he is young.