Xzavion Mitchell commits

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
The first thing they talk about in this write up is his defense. Haha shocker right

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Is he more of a wing or PF? Looks like a nice pickup
Wing. Not even close. Even less of a PF than Demarion.

Although admittedly, we’ve had teams who would have turned this body type into a 4. TJ isn’t one.

Intrigued to see how all of these pieces fit together one day. Welcome, Xzavion!

Reactions: aauummm

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Couple surprises and not the names I've seen thrown around. Know nothing about him, but if TJ wants him I'm sure he fits. How many high-school kids does everyone think we'll take each year. I'd say 1 more and leave some room for the portal?

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
Couple surprises and not the names I've seen thrown around. Know nothing about him, but if TJ wants him I'm sure he fits. How many high-school kids does everyone think we'll take each year. I'd say 1 more and leave some room for the portal?
You must not follow recruiting super close is my guess. Mitchell is a name that’s been around a long time. Mainly because he’s from the same school as Haliburton.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I recommend that anybody never worry about the rankings of any high school commit that we get under TJ. Will they all pan out? No, but this staff does not recruit based on rankings. We have a type.
Robert Jones was TJ's first recruit. Recruiting intangibles that go beyond athleticism will always be a component of his recruiting strategy.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I’m going to go out on a limb and say that TJ is about to the stage where he uses the portal mainly to fill roster holes from defections…if there are any.

That said, to me it’s Kai Rogers next on the list, and anyone else is a sheer luxury.

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
I’m going to go out on a limb and say that TJ is about to the stage where he uses the portal mainly to fill roster holes from defections…if there are any.

That said, to me it’s Kai Rogers next on the list, and anyone else is a sheer luxury.
They somehow land Rogers and Mitchell the Wisconsin fans may burn Gards house to the ground.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
We’ve been recruiting this kid forever.
Great, I thought Bynum and Batemon were our main targets. We taking 4 out of high-school or are these other 2 not happening? No, sorry I read these boards and barely see any real recruiting news. A lot of pointless posts with not much but negative feedback behind them.

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
Great, I thought Bynum and Batemon were our main targets. We taking 4 out of high-school or are these other 2 not happening? No, sorry I read these boards and barely see any real recruiting news. A lot of pointless posts with not much but negative feedback behind them.
I would say right now Rogers is the main target. Batemon may have just missed his chance

• Agree
Reactions: psycln11 and Cydkar

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022

Is it now down to us and Wisconsin for Rogers?

singsing

Nov 2, 2007

Thanks! Forgot about Rogers too. Seriously thought Batemon and Bynum were our guard and forward targets then Moore and Mitchell committed. I'm hoping TJ builds the program so the transfer portal isn't necessary also. Like the 4 year kids.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This is an awesome pick up. Athletic wing long wing that is just recently gaining attention.
I felt ISU had been gaining steam with him but didn't expect him to announce so soon. Marquette and Whisky fans are going to be upset see this news (they already are with TJ's recruiting WI in general).

Bucky fans that still bask in Barryism will say 'academics' or something even though WI is listed as recruiting him.