Yahoo reporting Brian Kelly is looking at other jobs

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Boy between this and Herman saying reports of him leaving were false the day before he took a new job...what a bunch of sleaze bags in the college coaching ranks.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Boy between this and Herman saying reports of him leaving were false the day before he took a new job...what a bunch of sleaze bags in the college coaching ranks.
Herman said that when there were reports of him to LSU. Then reports about him to Texas came out and he didn't say anything. Honestly he can't just say "Yeah Texas is going to fire Strong and I'm going there" before Strong was officially fired.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Herman said that when there were reports of him to LSU. Then reports about him to Texas came out and he didn't say anything. Honestly he can't just say "Yeah Texas is going to fire Strong and I'm going there" before Strong was officially fired.

Exactly. He said he wasn't going to LSU, which he didn't.

I don't think he ever said, "I'm not leaving."

Herman was on Mike and Mike this morning and he said he was honest with his players. He told them what he could tell them.

A lot of these things happen outside the official channels and contractually the coaches and schools CAN'T talk about them. Agents and search firms talk a lot and gauge interest from both sides. None of that is official interviewing or offering of the job though.

They basically dot the I's and cross the T's well before anything is official. Then they offer the job and it's immediately accepted rather than have these drawn out negotiations on pay and other stipulations.

That's why it's such a bonehead move when schools make it public that they are going after so and so, and then they don't get them. Real dumb.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I remember that story now. Damn, I hope his family sued the school and Kelly for a crap ton of money.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
  • Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Completely senseless death.

As for Baylor hiring Kelly? They need a coach who is a PR plus, not another huge minus. They are going to have to hire a Boy Scout to try and show that they are cleaning up the program.
182263949_yhs12gcr_817hqq54.jpg

And yes Lane isn't any of those.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
I remember that story now. Damn, I hope his family sued the school and Kelly for a crap ton of money.

I believe they did. Undisclosed amount I am sure. Have a big ND fan in my office, he is so ready for Kelly to be gone. If they don't get rid of him this year, I don't know if they ever will.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I believe they did. Undisclosed amount I am sure. Have a big ND fan in my office, he is so ready for Kelly to be gone. If they don't get rid of him this year, I don't know if they ever will.

If they get Les Miles they will be sitting pretty. He may have a hard time beating Bama, but that guy can coach.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
If they get Les Miles they will be sitting pretty. He may have a hard time beating Bama, but that guy can coach.

Everyone has a hard time beating Saban. And Les certainly can coach. That would be an interesting hire. Can Les still recruit without the perks of the SEC.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Side note: It's apparent why coaches don't care about getting sanctions against themselves or their schools.

The disappointment was compounded by news Tuesday that the NCAA is vacating 21 Notre Dame victories in the 2012-13 and 2013-14 seasons for academic misconduct involving eight players.

Followed by:

Kelly’s seven-year record at Notre Dame is 59-31, with a 12-1 season in 2012 and a 10-win season in 2015. He is the school’s most successful coach since Lou Holtz resigned in 1996.

Vacating the wins didn't even get remembered through the end of the article.

• Funny
Reactions: MeanDean

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Everyone has a hard time beating Saban. And Les certainly can coach. That would be an interesting hire. Can Les still recruit without the perks of the SEC.

Notre Dame may not be what it was, but they still have some pretty big perks and boosters with fat wallets.

Their issue is not talent currently as they still recruit at a high level. Development of those players is in question though.

I think Miles would clean up at ND. He could recruit at near his LSU level and still have great seasons.

Help Support Us

Become a patron