MLB: Yelich to the Brew Crew

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
Not a lot of Brewers fans here, but the NL central could be an entertaining race this year. Brewers are making big moves. Next up is Darvish. Plus Johnsonville is now sponsoring the sausage race so that’s awesome.

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
OF Brinson and 2B Diaz to Marlins in the trade. Overall I think it is a great move, especially with the lengthy control Mil will have of Yelich. Hate to see Brinson go, but I think they were hoping Yelich is what he’d become and they didn’t ask for much more than just Brinson which was my other fear of the trade.

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
I guess we gave up 3 top 100 prospects and a RP, so the price was a little steeper than I initially thought. Still a good trade in my opinion. We have Yelich for 5 years with an affordable contract, so I don’t think we need to go all in for this year. It may be that we need to go for it within the 5 years though. Still one of the lower bankroll in MLB, so we could pull that trigger anytime. Now we have a surplus of OF that we could potentially use for a pitcher trade.

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
Stearns is on the move!!! Do we trade Broxton or Santana for a SP or are they somehow going to unload Braun? Our outfield is stacked now!

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
Cubs really need to land Darvish now. They can't keep sitting back and waiting. Obviously they weren't going after Yelich or Cain, but if they don't act soon someone else will.

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
Cubs really need to land Darvish now. They can't keep sitting back and waiting. Obviously they weren't going after Yelich or Cain, but if they don't act soon someone else will.
I read that the Cubs were interested in Cain, but must not have been willing for that length of a contract (cuz we all know money’s not the issue for the Cubs). I’m hoping we trade Santana+ or Broxton+ for Archer or pay Darvish or Arrieta. I’d prefer to move Braun, but nobody will bite on that.

Last edited:

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Brewers might have the best outfield in the league. Their rotation is ******* atrocious, though. Will be interesting to see what happens

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
Brewers might have the best outfield in the league. Their rotation is ******* atrocious, though. Will be interesting to see what happens
Atrocious might be a little strong. We are far from the best of rotations but we surprised last year. Our starters are good plus we will trade for another. I’m also excited to see if Gallardo can bounce back now that he’s back with the Crew. The bullpen is coming together (hopefully we can include some relievers in the trade deal for the starter), and Knebel is a strong closer. Adding a starter and another decent reliever and we are looking a lot better.

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Not sure I understand the Cain signing on top of this. Why not save the money from Cain and sign one of the FA pitchers. Think you're going to get less than a full return on the very promising OF's they're shopping now since teams know you need to clear them.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Atrocious might be a little strong. We are far from the best of rotations but we surprised last year. Our starters are good plus we will trade for another. I’m also excited to see if Gallardo can bounce back now that he’s back with the Crew. The bullpen is coming together (hopefully we can include some relievers in the trade deal for the starter), and Knebel is a strong closer. Adding a starter and another decent reliever and we are looking a lot better.

Any way you guys can get a decent starter? Aren't all your good prospects gone? I could be wrong.

If Broxton is on the block you could probably get something decent in return.