Yes, this is petty, but it's fun

isuchicago

Apr 11, 2006
I give his name a quick google search on my phone every hour or so, to see if he's been fired yet..shouldn't be long now

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Man this article in a bad way reminds me of when he was here, but in a great way why he is gone and what we've become without him.

billpickles

Apr 11, 2006
C'mon you guys. The ISDaily says we should not enjoy his misery. And that Knott won't play yesterday. Um, never mind.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Man this article in a bad way reminds me of when he was here, but in a great way why he is gone and what we've become without him.

Same here. Reading that, I felt like I had stepped into a time machine and gone back to 2008 when I was listening to his teleconferences on the radio after each massive conference loss and thinking....hoping....that this guy was just the King of Coachspeak and that he actually knew what he was doing behind closed doors, because his blank answers contained info/insight of nothing more than what your casual observer in Section G could come up with.

It's amazing that this guy has gotten paid millions of dollars to seemingly have just basic knowledge of the game and have absolutely no ability to coach up talent.....good OR bad talent. I don't know how any D1 team could ever give him a head coaching job again after this straight up nosedive only 2 years after winning the NC. Even a mediocre coach would have parlayed that success into a lot of recruiting successes and momentum going into at least the next 5 seasons.

For those of us who hate how he left here (but are glad he left), maybe the best thing that could have happened was watching him win that NC, because it has definitely been worth it to see him flail since then.

uro cy

Oct 28, 2006
Since GC likens himself to a CEO, I believe that makes him the Ken Lay of CFB.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
What does the Chiz have on the Auburn administration? He must have pictures of something? How else could he not have been fired by now?

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
I like how he points out that are no simple answers to the team's struggles by stating essentially that the question is the answer. He clearly doesn't know that he is the simple answer, and that makes it more fun.
I thought it was satans fault.