You don't realize how many pros ISU has

Guetterdone1

Jul 4, 2012
Ames
Based on this list I could be playing in my rec league and be considered a pro. No offense to some of those guys but those are barely pro. Besides that I will say the amount of players in the NBA is something to be proud of. Got to see Georges playing against Monte and my wolves the other night.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Based on this list I could be playing in my rec league and be considered a pro. No offense to some of those guys but those are barely pro. Besides that I will say the amount of players in the NBA is something to be proud of. Got to see Georges playing against Monte and my wolves the other night.
It can be quite lucrative to play overseas. Nothing wrong making a good living while playing a game

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

No offense, but you aren’t getting paid to play rec league.

hiltonisheaven

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
2 observations:
1. Kane is not playing anymore?

2. Someone is PAYING Prentiss Nixon to dent rims and turn the ball over??
Kane is playing for Grindavik in Iceland. Last played in a win on 4/4/24.

Last edited:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Dumbed this part.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
As evidence that I was impacted by the Title IX podcast, let's include Ashley Joens.

Guetterdone1

Jul 4, 2012
Ames
It can be quite lucrative to play overseas. Nothing wrong making a good living while playing a game
I tend to agree and have heard of players making good money. Clyburn and Ejim come to mind. While I can't confirm I'm having a tough time seeing players like Calvin Godfrey who were below average players in college making good money playing pro. It's a long list and I stated SOME. I'd say the list of people that have played in the NBA is impressive.

JCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 9, 2009
I tend to agree and have heard of players making good money. Clyburn and Ejim come to mind. While I can't confirm I'm having a tough time seeing players like Calvin Godfrey who were below average players in college making good money playing pro. It's a long list and I stated SOME. I'd say the list of people that have played in the NBA is impressive.
Having known some people who have played overseas basketball and hockey I think you'd be surprised how good of a deal it is. They typically have all living expenses covered, get paid over $100k and aren't paying taxes on what they make. They also have down time where they can play in other leagues, coach, etc to make more money.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Based on this list I could be playing in my rec league and be considered a pro.
Nah. I regularly play with a guy in his late 30's who had a short stint on a low-level overseas pro team - he's still head and shoulders better than everyone else we play with, including the mid-20s guys fresh out of D3 hoops.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I'm surprised that Diante Garrett is still playing. But I guess not that surprised. He was so dang good. I wish he got to play one more year with Hoiberg.