You don't realize how many pros ISU has

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Thanks for posting - I love knowing what some of OUR former guys are doing. I certainly do not understand the criticism being displayed in this thread. Guys on this list are all playing high level basketball - some higher than others. They are getting paid to do what they love. Some are no doubt making big money overseas - not Haliburton big money - but living a great life. The world extends past the Mississippi and Missouri rivers folks.

Reactions: jsb

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Thanks for posting - I love knowing what some of OUR former guys are doing. I certainly do not understand the criticism being displayed in this thread. Guys on this list are all playing high level basketball - some higher than others. They are getting paid to do what they love. Some are no doubt making big money overseas - not Haliburton big money - but living a great life. The world extends past the Mississippi and Missouri rivers folks.
I think the criticism is coming from ONE poster who has been roundly dressed down for being an ass about it. No need to berate all of us "folks."

GBlade

Mar 9, 2014
How are the euro leagues able to pay more then the development league or wnba? Are they more popular overseas or are they subsidized some way?

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
What happened to Calvin Godfrey. He must have improved a lot since leaving ISU. He's averaging 17 1/2 ppg and nearly 10 RB per game.
I can't remember when he was dismissed from ISU, but looks like he didn't play anywhere for his Soph year. Maybe because he was in legal trouble, wasn't it possession of weed?

Junior year played great at HBCU Southern for his Junior year, 13.1 pts/8.8 reb

Transferred to Memphis for Senior year and was mostly a bench piece, 14 mpg

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I can't remember when he was dismissed from ISU, but looks like he didn't play anywhere for his Soph year. Maybe because he was in legal trouble, wasn't it possession of weed?

Junior year played great at HBCU Southern for his Junior year, 13.1 pts/8.8 reb

Transferred to Memphis for Senior year and was mostly a bench piece, 14 mpg

Godfrey was really decent for a FR on a bad ISU team Hoiberg's first year as I recall. Not sure what his long term ceiling would have been at ISU, it seems like he was kind of a tweener big.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Count me as someone who didn't realize Wigginton had given up on his NBA dreams. I though he was still on a 2-way deal with the Bucks.

• Informative
Reactions: Erik4Cy

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
Godfrey was really decent for a FR on a bad ISU team Hoiberg's first year as I recall. Not sure what his long term ceiling would have been at ISU, it seems like he was kind of a tweener big.
Yeah, he was on the DG team. Same Freshman class as Ejim. You could probably argue that he was outplaying Ejim by the end of the year.

He was getting starter minutes at that point and really flashing potential. Dude could jump out of the gym and was just a powerhouse.

Then he got caught with weed...

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Guetterdone1

Jul 4, 2012
Ames
I think the criticism is coming from ONE poster who has been roundly dressed down for being an ass about it. No need to berate all of us "folks."
To be fair I gave a positive and negative comment. My freshmen year was godfreys freshmen year and I've followed most of these guys. I went to just about every game during my years at ISU. When current college players are taking in 500k and some of the "pro" players in Europe are taking in 100k(as stated in the thread) I'd hardly say that's something I should oogle about. I'm more impressed with the representation of the guys that have had 10 day NBA contracts and above. Sorry to disagree but my impressed level is a little higher.

• Dislike
Reactions: swimmercy

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
With all of the transfers these days, who will they credit when a player attends 3-4 colleges during their NCAA days? I am guessing the last college attended.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
With all of the transfers these days, who will they credit when a player attends 3-4 colleges during their NCAA days? I am guessing the last college attended.
That tends to be what I see (most recent school attended.)

Cyclone Nation claims DeAndre Kane despite only playing his SR year at ISU. FR, SO, JR years were all at Marshall.

I'm more than fine with that.