You knew it was coming from Jon Miller

darts180

Apr 12, 2006
It amazes me that he continues w/ this drivel. It's obviously not going to happen.

Are Iowa fans that worried about what he is putting into place at ISU?

Are ISU fans that gullible to think that this could actually happen?

Yes, they are, very much so or it wouldn't be a constant topic of conversation.

and...

Unfortunately, yes we are. Remember everyone was positive that Florida was going to hire Dan in 2002 (big raise/extension).

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
This has been a bad day to be a Cyclone fan. A couple hours ago we find out we're getting the boot from the Big 12. Now our above average AD is jumping ship to Nebraska. Bryan Peterson is the point guard of our basketball team.

Horrible day.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Iowa fans will come crashing back down to reality this weekend. It was easy to predict a win over an Illinois team that CANNOT throw the ball. Iowa defends the run fairly well and thats all Illini could do.

They will get lit up this weekend at Purdue.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Here's a thought to ponder. Do you think the Pollard would find the current ISU situation or say a situation like Nebraska more challenging? I think Pollard likes the challenge of trying to pull off something everyone either thinks he can't or hopes he won't. At Nebraska he'd have all the resources already in place that he's fighting to make happen here at ISU. What's the fun in that? Pollard is a numbers guy and I think he takes pleasure in the challenges he is facing and when (notice I did not say if) he pulls off his vision it is going to be a very satisfying thing for him to say that he did what some thought to be nearly impossible.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
This has been a bad day to be a Cyclone fan. A couple hours ago we find out we're getting the boot from the Big 12. Now our above average AD is jumping ship to Nebraska. Bryan Peterson is the point guard of our basketball team.

Horrible day.

Nice, you made me laugh out loud. God these spreadsheets are funny boss.:biglaugh:

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Jon is just speculating. He admitted its all water cooler talk.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I have heard Pollard himself say that he is a builder, not a maintainer. He was part of the building process at Wisky and he is starting it here. While Nebby is a big job, I can't say that it would appeal to JP. He doesn't want to sit on his hands and maintain at a school that already has a huge budget, plenty of tradition, and an enourmous fanbase.

Plus, he hasn't proven much yet. Nobody really knows how his big hires will pan out in Ames, or whether he will get his facilities plan completed. He is off to a good start and I think he will get it done, but there just isn't enough there for kNU to come knocking yet.

And of course, Osbourn already has his name on the office door.

John, nice try, but I'm not sure this even qualifies as stirring the pot... you're up to your neck in black and gold kool-aid on this one.

B Clone

Apr 16, 2006
Polk County
He's just back on the sauce after the big win over Zook!! Kirk and Jon just got done with their afternoon crying session! Miller is just like most Hawk fans jealous that we got the good A.D. and they still don't know their A.D.'s name!!

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Jim Zabel

"There will be change at Nebraska. The top two guys. The coach and AD, both on the hotseat"

AD's been fired Jim - welcome to the conversation. While we're talking - Nile Kinnick was tragically killed and Hayden Fry retired.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
What do you think the rest of those people at that radio station think of Jonny boy. M&M think he's joke who somehow slide into a spot there, they arent even sure how he got there.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
he got there because of Zabel ... and because he is a homer hawkeye.

B Clone

Apr 16, 2006
Polk County
With the ego's of those two, Zabel and Miller, I don't know how they fit in the same studio to do sound off!! Listen to them always reminds me of Dumb and Dumber!!

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Jim Zabel

"There will be change at Nebraska. The top two guys. The coach and AD, both on the hotseat"

AD's been fired Jim - welcome to the conversation. While we're talking - Nile Kinnick was tragically killed and Hayden Fry retired.

C'mon now...cut Z! some slack. He probably just woke up from his weekend hangover and hadn't yet found someone who knows how to use the Internet to update him on what's happened so far today...

Last edited:

acody

Nov 25, 2006
Jon Miller is horrible sports talk radio. Most topics, if not iowa hawkeye related, end up with a hawkeye comparison of some sort. The topic could be Peyton Manning's sore elbow and Miller would tell you it was the same type of injury chuck long had. I do not listen to his show.