You knew it was coming from Jon Miller

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
"ISU fans. Trouble on the horizon. With what's going on at Nebraska. Jamie Pollard".

Hey Jon, here's one.

Hey hawk fans. Trouble on the horizon. Callahan on his way out at Nebraska. Kirk Ferentz.

Of course, Jon didn't get a single ISU phone call. So he has to do something to stir the pot, generate some interest and keep it from being the two hour hawkeye news report.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
These Hawk fans are on cloud nine after beating Ron Zook at home. Kirk and his third straight .500 season(maybe, lots of work to do this year) is so impressive.

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
toilet_doo.jpg

He's just stirring the pot.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Hey hawk fans. Trouble on the horizon. Callahan on his way out at Nebraska. Kirk Ferentz.

Imagine what he could do with those resources.

Let's see, if history holds...

Year 1: 1-11
Year 2: 3-9
Year 3: 8-4
Year 4: 11-1 (w/ loss to ISU)
Year 5: 10-2
Year 6: 10-2
Year 7: 7-5
Year 8: 6-6
Year 9: 3-9
Year 10: ???

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
How far has your program fallen that you storm the field after beating Illinois?

I thought it was Illinois fans that stormed the field after beating Iowa.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Does it really matter if JP moves now? He has fired all the coaches, put in a plan for the facilities, what else is there to do? We can hire a good fundraiser to pay for it all, which is really the last big step.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
I can only imagine the size of the eggs that would get thrown at JP if he went splittsville in the middle of his project.

This is an honest question - if this were to happen (and obviously it's a huge if), would ISU fans dislike Pollard as much as Iowa fans do?

I'd actually like Pollard to stay - IMO, there is nothing wrong with having two competitive schools in the state.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I am not sure NU fans will allow anyone but Osborne in that position.

CHim

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
This is an honest question - if this were to happen (and obviously it's a huge if), would ISU fans dislike Pollard as much as Iowa fans do?

I'd actually like Pollard to stay - IMO, there is nothing wrong with having two competitive schools in the state.

UNI and Drake? I wouldn't call either IU or ISU very competitive this year.

wolverine68

Mar 30, 2007
Urbandale
www.gvc.edu
Does anyone really believe that JP would leave right now? Nebraska has all but announced that Tom Osburne will be the interim AD. My guess is that he will have that post as long as he wishes and while I appreciate what JP is doing at ISU, he hasn't really proven anything (other than hiring some great coaches and increasing ticket sales and building excitement and forging a new identity... oh, wait... now I'm worried :swoon: Wait, Nebraska doesn't need all of that, well, except for the hiring thing). I don't think that we have anything to fear.

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
It amazes me that he continues w/ this drivel. It's obviously not going to happen.

Are Iowa fans that worried about what he is putting into place at ISU?

Are ISU fans that gullible to think that this could actually happen?

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
UNI and Drake? I wouldn't call either IU or ISU very competitive this year.

Touche` - how about usually slightly competitive D-IA teams?

Whatever you want to call the two BCS schools, it would be nice for them both to be competitive.

I'd wonder if this were to come up, how much $$ ISU would throw at him?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
The problem is that it's not going to happen either way. I wouldn't hate Pollard - it's the budget would be fun to play with for him and several programs need a huge upgrade. But it's just not going to happen. Last thing I'm worried about at this point is Pollard leaving for nebraska.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Of course, Jon didn't get a single ISU phone call. So he has to do something to stir the pot, generate some interest and keep it from being the two hour hawkeye news report.

That's an easy one. There are very few ISU fans who listen to his show because its just not very good. I know many Hawks have issues with him as well. I wonder what his ratings are like these days...

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
"the emails are pouring in".

Good God. Listening to him make up crap to put on the air is like listening to a 4th grader explain how the dog at his homework. :confused:

And still, ISU fans aren't calling in.

We now resume you regularly scheduled hawkeye report....

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron