NFL: YOU pick the Madden Cover!

CyLoboClone

Oct 15, 2009
Albuquerque
why not multiple players like fifa? it does less to offend by having 5 players on it. you could have an RB, QB, LB, KR, and DE and I would find that more interesting than a player on a soon to be losing season (Fitzgerald)...

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
Because he is quite possibly not even going to be the starter at his position.

He is just being considered because he is a media darling.

This. That is an indictment of the sad state of the Denver Broncos that a probably back-up QB is the most marketable face of their franchise.

I voted for Rodgers, wish they would've had Clay on there for GB instead though.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
:jimlad:If you go with Favre not only can you pick the jersey but which appendage he's not wearing it on.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
The 12th Man

A&M License office would sue if that won.

Edit: Never mind they already did that:

In January 2006, Texas A&M filed suit against the Seattle Seahawks to protect the trademark and in May 2006, the dispute was settled out of court. In the agreement, Texas A&M licensed the Seahawks to continue using the phrase "12th Man" in exchange for public acknowledgement by the NFL franchise as to Texas A&M's ownership of the phrase.[11][12]

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010

It shouldn't. This gives us a bona-fide out of the Madden Curse this year. Put the guy who may not even play in the line of fire, and save the superstars!

What burns me are the choices for the NCAA '12 cover. Fairly, Locker? Really? Ingram is fine, Murray is a bit of a stretch. But why no A.J. Green, Julio Jones, Patrick Peterson, etc.?

Jordanj6502

Jan 9, 2010
Ames
Madden12_rectangle_xlarge.jpg

zwclones51

Aug 4, 2010
West Des Moines
I wanna see my boy JC on the cover. It does worry me a little about that curse though. They showed it on Sportsnation last night and they said Drew Brees of last year was the only one that didnt have a bad season or injured.. Didnt he throw tons of INT's last year??

AlleyAddict

Jan 19, 2010
Ames
Because he is quite possibly not even going to be the starter at his position.

He is just being considered because he is a media darling.

DOH! Maybe I should read a little closer, I thought he was mad that he wasn't being considered.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I wanna see my boy JC on the cover. It does worry me a little about that curse though. They showed it on Sportsnation last night and they said Drew Brees of last year was the only one that didnt have a bad season or injured.. Didnt he throw tons of INT's last year??

Not to mention he got knocked out in the first round of the playoffs. The Curse finds you, one way or the other. Eddie George's case was similar: he had a great year, then coughed up a fumble in the clutch in the first round of the playoffs, costing Tennessee the game (I believe they were the #1 seed).