You stay classy hawk fan.....

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Hawk fan throwing a beer in a female ISU fans face at the pregame tailgate in Iowa City.... Other classy hawk fans find it funny... Finally the myth is busted.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJOoyYpQnGw]YouTube - Iowa vs. Ia St. tailgating tussle/ chick fight--2[/ame]

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I found this gem and just couldn't resist posting it for all of the hawk fans on here that say that this kind of stuff NEVER happens to Cyclone fans over in Iowa City.

You know... the guys on here that claim every story a Clone fan tells about garbage like this happening in Iowa City was obviously just made up. Wrong answer.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Iowa v ISU tailgate has to be the most interesting in the world. I have been to many at Iowa City and Ames. I've meet the greatest people in the world from both sides some years and other years more of what you see in the video.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Clearly you guys set that all up. It's just a bunch of ISU fans dressed up as hawks and a staged tussle to make iowa fans look bad.

Really? Who would have a video camera handy like that? :wideeyed:

:jimlad:

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
At least it was just a cup. After the Iowa game in 2005, my little brother and his friend, Iowa fans, were walking down frat row when a group of guys started throwing full beer cans at them. Hit my brother in the shoulder and left quite a bruise.

While we'd like to believe only Iowa fans act this way, it's far from reality. Every fan base has its share of you know whats.

Ernie Godfrey

May 17, 2006
Iowa v ISU tailgate has to be the most interesting in the world. I have been to many at Iowa City and Ames. I've meet the greatest people in the world from both sides some years and other years more of what you see in the video.

Same for me. The fan bases are more alike than EITHER side would like to admit.

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
During the 2000 game I went to IC to watch Seneca destroy the Hawks in the 2nd half. Prior to the game though, when we were walking through IC, an ISU bus saw that we were wearing cyclone gear so invited us on. This bus was tricked out with a big screen tv, DirecTV, about $1000 worth of stereo equipment, and had a bar. It was a blast.

We ended up driving by the lot by Kinnick, and the band was out there along with a bunch of tailgaters. At a stop sign, one of the ISU guys on the bus steps off to do some friendly rivalry smack, by just standing on the curb and throwing his arms in the air with his Red ISU jersy and yelling 'Go Clones'.

This prompted a tailgating girl to come over and dump her beer on the bus, and when the Hawk faithful witnessed this action they thought it would be fun join in and start throwing full beer bottles at the bus. So...we are on the bus getting pelted with full glass beer bottles coming through the windows, smashing up the stuff in the bus, trying to duck for cover so we don't end up with concussions. About 1/2 of the windows on the Kinnick side of the bus were smashed, and the Big Screen tv on the bus ended up with a beer bottle right through it.

The best part of all this, was that there were campus security right next to where we were and did nothing to stop the onslaught. So...we get out of there as fast as we can, and unfortunately the owners of the bus were out some serious coin that day. Luckily no one got hurt.

Iowa City students + Beer = VANDALS! This would NEVER happen in Ames! This just solidified my hatred for all things University of Iowa. Anyway...that's my story.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
At least it was just a cup. After the Iowa game in 2005, my little brother and his friend, Iowa fans, were walking down frat row when a group of guys started throwing full beer cans at them. Hit my brother in the shoulder and left quite a bruise.

While we'd like to believe only Iowa fans act this way, it's far from reality. Every fan base has its share of you know whats.
I would have caught one ,cracked it open, drank it and yelled " Thanks a-hole".

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Yes... it isn't everyday you see a whole group of dudes picking on a chick is it? Nice.

Looked to me like some other chick threw the cup, and then said dudes prevented anything else from happening.

Judging from how your heroin was moving/looked, I would say that she was intoxicated to a high degree.

Schfinkter

Dec 3, 2008
Dandy's House
During the 2000 game I went to IC to watch Seneca destroy the Hawks in the 2nd half. Prior to the game though, when we were walking through IC, an ISU bus saw that we were wearing cyclone gear so invited us on. This bus was tricked out with a big screen tv, DirecTV, about $1000 worth of stereo equipment, and had a bar. It was a blast.

We ended up driving by the lot by Kinnick, and the band was out there along with a bunch of tailgaters. At a stop sign, one of the ISU guys on the bus steps off to do some friendly rivalry smack, by just standing on the curb and throwing his arms in the air with his Red ISU jersy and yelling 'Go Clones'.

This prompted a tailgating girl to come over and dump her beer on the bus, and when the Hawk faithful witnessed this action they thought it would be fun join in and start throwing full beer bottles at the bus. So...we are on the bus getting pelted with full glass beer bottles coming through the windows, smashing up the stuff in the bus, trying to duck for cover so we don't end up with concussions. About 1/2 of the windows on the Kinnick side of the bus were smashed, and the Big Screen tv on the bus ended up with a beer bottle right through it.

The best part of all this, was that there were campus security right next to where we were and did nothing to stop the onslaught. So...we get out of there as fast as we can, and unfortunately the owners of the bus were out some serious coin that day. Luckily no one got hurt.

Iowa City students + Beer = VANDALS! This would NEVER happen in Ames! This just solidified my hatred for all things University of Iowa. Anyway...that's my story.

Wow, that story is so fake... Everyones knows all hawk fans drink in smirnoff and mikes hard
Posted via Mobile Device

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Several years ago, West High cheerleaders were roaming the tailgating lots in Iowa City, selling raw eggs for $1 each as a fundraiser. The idea was that fans would purchase the egg and get to break it on the cute little high school girl. My wife thought the whole venture was in poor taste, from the girls who envisioned it to the adult males who were participating. Anyway, she really got mad when the group adjacent to us positioned the girls such that they were throwing our way and repeatedly "missed".