You Stay Classy, Scott Drew

Clone96

Nov 14, 2006
Parts Unknown
Ohio's Cooper Has Seen the Dark Side - NYTimes.com

Both Cooper and his high school coach, Brandon Thomas, declined to name the programs trying to poach him. Recruiting a player before he is released from his current program is against N.C.A.A. rules. Cooper’s mother, Dionne, identified Baylor Coach Scott Drew as someone who attempted to lure her son from Ohio.

“He wasn’t necessarily calling and saying, ‘Come on over,’ †she said. “He would say: ‘Oh, this is great. I knew you could do it. The exposure you’re getting now, you’re not getting it in the MAC because you’re not on TV.’ He was really trying to sell to me. ‘We know you can do these things, but because of where you are, you’re not getting the attention you deserve.’ †(Drew did not return a text message seeking comment.)

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
So your telling me Scott Drew took a disturbing and absolutely horrible basketball team, managed to get the top players in the country, and cheated while doing this? No way

K

KFitzy87

mexico-drug-money2.jpg

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Wait. Am I to believe that even college basketball has a seedy underbelly?

On a more serious note, maybe this will be the story that leads to a little more scrutiny down there.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Yep. As soon as this is linked on BaylorFans we'll be inundated again.

Get it done! Let's get this party started!

Let me fill in for a moment: You guys act all high and mighty. This is just a newspaper article. It doesn't prove anything. And you're naive if you think that your coach Fred Hoiberg isn't texting players from all over the country.

isulive2train

Feb 24, 2009
Ciclón Nación
Get it done! Let's get this party started!

Let me fill in for a moment: You guys act all high and mighty. This is just a newspaper article. It doesn't prove anything. And you're naive if you think that your coach Fred Hoiberg isn't texting players from all over the country.

I think Baylor fans coming on here qualifies as the darkest hour and WindmillErik shall appear and lead us!:wideeyed:

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado
Not Scott Drew!!! What is the world coming to???

Next thing you know Coach Calipari will leave Kentucky for the NBA while Kentucky gets all of it's wins vacated!

:jimlad:

Clone96

Nov 14, 2006
Parts Unknown
An update from Pete Thamel's twitter...

Pete Thamel ‏ @PeteThamelNYT
Scott Drew left me a voicemail denying Dionne Cooper's quotess. "I know for a fact, a fact that it did not happen. A 100-percent fact."

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
An update from Pete Thamel's twitter...

Pete Thamel ‏ @PeteThamelNYT
Scott Drew left me a voicemail denying Dionne Cooper's quotess. "I know for a fact, a fact that it did not happen. A 100-percent fact."

lol a 100% fact

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron