You thought Iowa fans are losing it. Nebraska fans...

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
are jumping off cliffs. I listened to 590 on my way back from a work trip and you would think the team was 0-6, not 4-2. Those people are crazy.

Someone called in and asked the host if it is bad that he is a die-hard Nebraska fan and is rooting for Nebraska to lose the rest of their games so Callahan gets canned. Even more amazing is the host was like "yeah, I know where you are coming from" and saying that he knows several fans this way. The caller then said that a bunch of his friends are rooting for the same thing. Wow.

I just don't think I could root for Iowa State to flat out lose just to make changes...especially with a winning record!

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO
If I was a Nebraska fan, I wouldn't be too happy either. They almost lost to Ball State, and they got hammered by Missouri. That's just not good enough this year. I do not think they will win big 12 north this year, but they believe that they should be able to. I think Kansas or Missouri will probably win the big 12 north.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
If I was a Nebraska fan, I wouldn't be too happy either. They almost lost to Ball State, and they got hammered by Missouri. That's just not good enough this year. I do not think they will win big 12 north this year, but they believe that they should be able to. I think Kansas or Missouri will probably win the big 12 north.

I understand not being happy, I wouldn't be either. But to be SO unhappy that you are now rooting for your team to lose the rest of their games?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Sadly Nebraska football is about the only thing some people care about there. I do have to agree to an extent about Callahan though, from the day he was hired I thought it was as not a good hire for them because he looked like a complete idiot trying to coach the Raiders and at times he's looked just as clueless running the Nebraska team as well. How good does Solich's last season all the sudden look?

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
They should be upset and it will only get worse when they back into the Independence Bowl or some McCarney type bowl. If Nebraska wins more than 3 conference games I'll be surprised.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
are jumping off cliffs. I listened to 590 on my way back from a work trip and you would think the team was 0-6, not 4-2. Those people are crazy.

Someone called in and asked the host if it is bad that he is a die-hard Nebraska fan and is rooting for Nebraska to lose the rest of their games so Callahan gets canned. Even more amazing is the host was like "yeah, I know where you are coming from" and saying that he knows several fans this way. The caller then said that a bunch of his friends are rooting for the same thing. Wow.

I just don't think I could root for Iowa State to flat out lose just to make changes...especially with a winning record!

Big Sports 590 is almost comical to listen to lately. Nebraska fans have totally jumped off a cliff. Supprised their isn't a suicide watch going on over there. The Big Shows host Matt Perrault does a really good job at stirring the pot. Although, the last year or two he has started to drink the Husker Kool-aid alittle too much. He was totally unbiased when he first got to Omaha, but now he is just as bad as their fans.

What I don't understand is how could they fire Callahan. After the first two games he had his contract extended and was given a raise. I have a feeling that Nebraska maybe heading to a total house cleaning in their athletic department. Including the AD, football coach, and all the assistants. Huskers missed out years back getting rid of Bo Polini. I truely love this meltdown. You swear the temps would be warmer in Ames with all the meltdowns going on east and west of us.:confused:

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I am a Cyclone Fan 1st, a Big 12 fan 2nd and I HATED the fact that Nebraska hired Callahan.

I think the man is classless based on his previous statements about his players, professional and collegiate.

I don't care for Nebraska football either, but they could have done better than him.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Our CFO is a huge Nebraska fan, and I stopped into his office today and casually asked who they play this weekend, and I didn't get out of there for about 5 minutes. Totally livid that they gave Callahan an extension, especially given the timing.

The timing of the extension reinforces that the AD believes that success is all about recruiting with little or no impact from leadership or coaching. It was announced just before the USC game which happened to be attended by a huge contingent of potential recruits.

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
ah heck i will jump on the bandwagon too...I HOPE NEBRASKA LOSES THE REST OF THEIR GAMES! (not really a change of heart, its just that now there is a bandwagon to jump on)

galles15

Jun 12, 2006
Ames, orginally from Remsen, IA
They are just like Notre Dame. Unless they win the national championship they will not be happy with their coach. ND fired Willingham and unless Weis gets his team winning he is pry going to be gone in December or in a year. Willingham now is at Washington and has established a pretty good team. They are no National Titile contention team but they should make a bowl. Both teams need to realize that it's not the days of Notre Dame and Nebraska power houses that win the title every year and accept defeat in some years.

RedStorm

Apr 11, 2006
I am a Cyclone Fan 1st, a Big 12 fan 2nd and I HATED the fact that Nebraska hired Callahan.

I think the man is classless based on his previous statements about his players, professional and collegiate.

I don't care for Nebraska football either, but they could have done better than him.

Maybe it is just me but I don't understand how anyone, except NU fans, can be mad about what is going on in Lincoln......

I loved it that they hired Callahan. I knew he was an idiot and I love it that he is there. The only thing better than ISU winning, if they were winning, is watching NU suck. The beuty is their AD extended his contract, and it was not even my b-day, so even if they do not win another game....they can't fire him. They will have to wait because the "buy out" is probabley huge and no other team wants him. Thank you god for Bill Callahan at NU. I hope he is there for 5 more years. He has all the facilities, money, and recruits and he still can't win. And the best part is listening to the NU fans.....Oh....hohohoho....

isuforlife

Sep 6, 2007
Well they have basketball..............................oops I guess not!!!

Last edited:

ahaselhu

Sep 10, 2007
Clarinda, IA
They should be upset and it will only get worse when they back into the Independence Bowl or some McCarney type bowl. If Nebraska wins more than 3 conference games I'll be surprised.

Have you looked at their schedule? I think they pretty much need to win the next two of weeks (home against OSU and Texas A&M) or they may not make a bowl game.

Rudy Katoot

Jul 11, 2006
A Nebraska grad joined our firm 2 years ago. Before the game that year I commented that ISU might beat them. He exploded in laughter, “do you have any idea how few times ISU has beaten Nebraska, he exclaimed?â€￾

The thought that ISU might be competitive was insulting to him.

Needless to say things have gone down hill for him. In fact he doesn’t emerge from his cubical anymore let alone talk football.

They don’t have an excuse; their recruiting classes are always ranked high.
Rudy

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Struggling as they have with the with the recruit classes they've had suggests that the staff isn't getting 100% out of the talent that is on campus. That's the source of frustration for the rational fans - they really ought to be much better. Now, they blame it on team chemistry. Unless they get it turned around they'll lose 3-4 more games and they'll have to blame some assistants.

This year they're loaded with 4 & 5 star recruits. The Chancelor and the AD were co-conspirators in the Solich incident. Their complicity and this year's class (if they don't decommit) will buy the head coach at least another year.

tigershoops31

Apr 13, 2006
Ames
I've heard this before,..... hmmmmm, let me think?????

No kidding that's what I thought when I read that...I seem to remember several posts by blockheads that said they were half rooting against ISU towards the end of the year so Mac would get canned. Whether or not you like the coach, I don't know how you can root against your team!

Cyphor

Aug 9, 2006
It's funny that after four years of "rebuilding" under Callahan, they are still at the bottom of the North. They got demolished by Missouri and will probably get similar treatment from Kansas and K-state. Heck, even Hawkins at CU has a better recored and a bigger win (Oklahoma) than Callahan. All the while Solich is in Athens, Ohio building a solid program at one of the nations historically worst football schools.

My only prayer is that Nebraska follows through on its extension to Callahan. I would love to see big red lying in the gutter for once.

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
I don't think we should be flippin out as much as Nebraska, but I know we are having growing pains and I would never say fire Gene Chizik after 1 year, bcuz that is just stupid. But I am pissed off we only have 1 win this year. It was very pleasing beating iowa, but that is not enough to make me happy. I don't like losing to kNu, I don't like losing to Kent St, I don't like losing to UNI, I want to be in bowl games. So to point out fans frustrations of a team who is 4-2 when we're 1-5 is kinda dumb. I am not just gonna lay back and accept how bad we are. We need to turn something around, change SOMETHING, to inject some life into our team.