You thought Iowa fans are losing it. Nebraska fans...

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Man...if we could just somehow pull off 2 wins in the Big 12 and the Huskers lost the rest of theirs...THEY would finish last in the North. That would be hilarious, seeing how they thought their team was all that and a bag of chips when the season started.

Just think back to the debacle of a coaching search they went through. Callahan was like the 4th or 5 option - the Huskers were embarrassed publicly coach after coach that turned 'em down.

Now think of what it would be like getting someone there now.

Solich may have needed to go, but you just don't fire a winning coach (See San Diego Chargers). Not only does it make it hard to get someone to come there and be the next guy, it really doesn't help your team.

A lot of this under performance in Huskerland is self-inflicted.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'm sure the buyout of Calahan's contract is not that great. The extension was for recuriting reasons only. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they do fire him. Hey, Frank Solich is having a decent time at Ohio. Why not bring him back?

Maybe Nebraska can resurrect The Option and the Black Shirt Linebackers. It's unlikely though...

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
I'm hearing Bo Pelini former Def coord at Big Red and now at LSU is the man of choice. They passed over him once, but good sources say they want him back. Callahan is on the hot seat. They would put up with the losses if he wasn't such a rear end.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
are jumping off cliffs. I listened to 590 on my way back from a work trip and you would think the team was 0-6, not 4-2. Those people are crazy.

Someone called in and asked the host if it is bad that he is a die-hard Nebraska fan and is rooting for Nebraska to lose the rest of their games so Callahan gets canned. Even more amazing is the host was like "yeah, I know where you are coming from" and saying that he knows several fans this way. The caller then said that a bunch of his friends are rooting for the same thing. Wow.

I just don't think I could root for Iowa State to flat out lose just to make changes...especially with a winning record!

Same item was discussed on 1620. Lose the rest of the games and get a whole new fixit staff. Maybe hire Bo Pellini from Louisiana or Monte Kiffin or Tom Rathman or TO for a couple of years. Strange times after 40 years of an empire in nebraska.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
They are just like Notre Dame. Unless they win the national championship they will not be happy with their coach. ND fired Willingham and unless Weis gets his team winning he is pry going to be gone in December or in a year. Willingham now is at Washington and has established a pretty good team. They are no National Titile contention team but they should make a bowl. Both teams need to realize that it's not the days of Notre Dame and Nebraska power houses that win the title every year and accept defeat in some years.

Yeah, but they think they are BCS material just like the Hawks. We might see Mangino on New Years Day in Big HD. They lost out on Houston Nutt who has done better at Arkansas with a crap offensive scheme. By the way, Steve Loney and Drake are rated #179 by Sagarin.

Last edited:

gwoodclone

Jul 11, 2007
I must admit, I'm loving the meltdown in Huskerland. Before this season started I had predicted that the football program at Nebraska would completely collapse, and I am glad to say I was right. And you really can't blame their fans for reacting badly. They've had great recruiting and their coaches have just failed them.

I don't think anyone knows what will happen with Callahan, but I think he'll get to keep his job for this year. If he fails again next season, he, Pederson, and most of the coaching staff will be fired. And Nebraska will have to start "Restoring the Order" all over again.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Too bad we didn't pull off the win. I was at the Nebraska game, and the turnovers turned the game. We outplayed them, but didn't get it done. It was a completely winnable game for Iowa State. I don't know if that says we aren't that bad, or they aren't that good. Probably a little of both. Our win could have sealed his fate.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Donors are not putting outn the bucks for the new stadium addition. They are mad. They have stopped giving. The donor raiser was then fired by Pederson two weeks ago., That made the big donors even more mad at the Sad State Red Affairs.

Bowman gave back his black shirt but no other defensive player followed suit. Sign of a poorly spirited grup. 2000 yards allowed in fourgames.

Can you spell T-I-T-A-N-I-C?:rofl8yi::frown3qg::rolleyes5cz::growl5cj:

titanic-2.jpg

titanic5.jpg

Last edited:

frontrangeclone

Apr 11, 2006
Cache Valley
twitter.com
I heard that some husker fans were upset about Mizzou doing the fake FG late in the game... which is a bit hypocrital... this letter to the editor from the Omaha World Herald "letters from the grandstand" section sums it up best....

Neal Golden (Voice, Oct. 9) wrote that Missouri's fake field goal with a 34-6 lead "is so Xbox."

That demonstrates a myopic memory prevalent in so many Nebraska fans. The Huskers spent the better part of three decades pummeling opponents routinely by 35 or more points and pasting 50 to 60 points on the board. Missouri was definitely on the beating end of that stick on multiple occasions.

To those who contend that such scores were achieved by using third- and fourth-string players, that is ridiculous. Exhibit A: the 2000 Alamo Bowl against Northwestern. Up 52-17 in the third quarter, the Huskers score on a flea-flicker (or is it an "Xbox" pass?) to push the lead to 59-17. Scrub receiver Bobby Newcombe threw to scrub receiver Matt Davison.

Case closed.
Dean Blackaby, Helena, Mont.

herbiedoobie

Jan 3, 2007
Germany
A Nebraska grad joined our firm 2 years ago. Before the game that year I commented that ISU might beat them. He exploded in laughter, “do you have any idea how few times ISU has beaten Nebraska, he exclaimed?â€￾

The thought that ISU might be competitive was insulting to him.

Needless to say things have gone down hill for him. In fact he doesn’t emerge from his cubical anymore let alone talk football.

They don’t have an excuse; their recruiting classes are always ranked high.
Rudy

This is EXACTLY why I hate teams like Nobraska and EIU. It's not jealousy; it's the fact that the great majority of their fans are arrogant and ignorant A-holes.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if Nobraska didn't win another game in the future history of college football. As long as it would make these jack*sses suffer.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
What really bugs me is that even in their "down" years they still make bowls and have a decent record. We need to take advantage of the situation, but unfortunately we are also caught in rebuilding. A few years ago we really had a chance to take the lead in the north and blew it. I like Chizik, but the road will be longer than we like.

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
you haven't heard anything yet. NU is down 38-0 early in the 3rd. I've been the biggest Callahan supporter since day one, but he's done at the end of the year.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Nebraska better be careful, they are gonna have to pay a lot to get any established coach to go there if the can Callahan at the end of this season.

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
We get the Nebraska broadcasts down here in Arizona and I happened to catch a little of the broadcast in the car today. The way they talked you would have thought a family member had died.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I listened to 590 am on the way back from our game today, as I couldn't bear to listen to all the commercials on our broadcast. 590 was more entertaining anyway.

frontrangeclone

Apr 11, 2006
Cache Valley
twitter.com
We get the Nebraska broadcasts down here in Arizona and I happened to catch a little of the broadcast in the car today. The way they talked you would have thought a family member had died.

there's also Neb. broadcast in the denver metro, and yes, listening to Jim Rose and Adrian Fiala (sp.?) plea with the fans to keep supporting the team was hilarious. I am amused at how when Neb. is down, they act like they are heros for "sticking with the team." They were both like "I'm not giving up on this team, and the other would chime in, 'neither am I!' ".... WOW! very big of them. What else y'all got to do out there, freaks? I guess they have creighton hoops to look forward to. Welcome to what the rest of us in D-I have had to put up through the history of the sport.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
ah heck i will jump on the bandwagon too...I HOPE NEBRASKA LOSES THE REST OF THEIR GAMES! (not really a change of heart, its just that now there is a bandwagon to jump on)

I don't care who you are that thare is funny!! (redneck comic reference)

Help Support Us

Become a patron