your Coach CPR

ozhawk

May 3, 2010
I am not a big fan of the clones, HOWEVER I love your coach, just love him.
He is at the right place and he is a true winner he knows how to run a program, he has passion and intensity and is a great fit for ISU. I sincerely think he will be in AMes for years to come EVEN if you guys take it to the next level.

This is NOT intended to be a sucker punch, but does he have a speech impairment?
Honest question. I know he has a higher level of intelligence. (to be a major college coach one must be a smart cookie.)

The reason I ask is because I saw a a video of him plugging season tix for the clones and he didn't come across very polished. Also his pre-game on the field interview with the FSN guy came across equally rough. I swear I have seen him give post game pressers and he sounded OK..

Its just a question. Lets face it Kirk Ferentz isn't exactly charismatic.

ozhawk

May 3, 2010
It's called an accent skippy. Wander outside of your local tavern once in a while and you'll find everyone in our nation does speak the same way.

Ok thanks, Where is he from then? BTW he looks a little like Bret Farve. Also, I am not a tavern Hawk. I graduated from Iowa. But I LOVE TAVERN HAWKS because many of them give ****loads of money to the University. Are jacobsen's tavern clones?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sawyer

Aug 24, 2010
hes a country boy. what would you expect? and valedictorian of his class. Hes a smart man.
he is from outside of Ames.

ozhawk

May 3, 2010
hes a country boy. what would you expect? and valedictorian of his class. Hes a smart man.
he is from outside of Ames.

Maybe thats why I like him so much then. Not because I was valedictorian though...because I am a country boy me self.

Thanks for the thoughtful reply.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
I am not a big fan of the clones, HOWEVER I love your coach, just love him.
He is at the right place and he is a true winner he knows how to run a program, he has passion and intensity and is a great fit for ISU. I sincerely think he will be in AMes for years to come EVEN if you guys take it to the next level.

This is NOT intended to be a sucker punch, but does he have a speech impairment?
Honest question. I know he has a higher level of intelligence. (to be a major college coach one must be a smart cookie.)

The reason I ask is because I saw a a video of him plugging season tix for the clones and he didn't come across very polished. Also his pre-game on the field interview with the FSN guy came across equally rough. I swear I have seen him give post game pressers and he sounded OK..

Its just a question. Lets face it Kirk Ferentz isn't exactly charismatic.

He grew up in Nevada, IA about 5-10 miles east of Ames. If I were to make an uneducated guess, his slight touch of an accent is probably from his time spent coaching at Auburn.

I'm not sure where his intensity on the sidelines came from, but I love it.

CyLoboClone

Oct 15, 2009
Albuquerque
I think he got his drawl yelling at defensive players in the deep south at Auburn- you dont get that drawl in ankeny.

Sawyer

Aug 24, 2010
I know plenty of people from the state who have an accent. Maybe his wife just thinks its sexy. so he kept it.

ontheverge

Sep 14, 2009
He grew up in Nevada, IA about 5-10 miles east of Ames. If I were to make an uneducated guess, his slight touch of an accent is probably from his time spent coaching at Auburn.

I'm not sure where his intensity on the sidelines came from, but I love it.

Graduated from Ankeny. His father was HS coach for years in DM.

ISU2010

Jun 20, 2010
I think he got his drawl yelling at defensive players in the deep south at Auburn- you dont get that drawl in ankeny.

He was only at Auburn for one season, in 2008. Prior to that he was at Pitt for 8 seasons and at Iowa State for five seasons before that. I saw this YouTube video from 2006 when he was at Pitt and he already has the drawl. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utBh8helsDw]YouTube - Pitt Panthers Coach Paul Rhoads[/ame]

More likely he developed his drawl at a younger age, probably when he played college ball at Missouri Western. It sounds more like a Missouri drawl than a deep south one. He hasn't spent much time coaching in the south other than the one year at Auburn.

CPR Coaching Experience
Iowa State, head coach (2009- )
Auburn, defensive coordinator (2008)
Pitt, defensive coordinator (2000-07)
Iowa State, assistant coach (1995-99)
Pacific, assistant coach (1992-93), pass game coordinator (1994)
Ohio State, graduate assistant (1991)
Utah State, graduate assistant (1989-90)

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Graduated from Ankeny. His father was HS coach for years in DM.

And he was a damn good one too, hall of fame coach. Iowa State is CPR's dream job, he will be here for awhile imo too. His accent is very strange, but awesome nonetheless. He does not have any speech impairment, quite the opposite. He was a valedictorian and very smart and one of the best interviews in the big 12. Media loves him. His accent is a combo of iowan and missouri midwest (which are both diff) a long with a southern drawl from his time down south and I even notice some east coast slang from out east.

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
in all honesty, he does stutter once in a while, but I'm certainly not qualified to diagnose it at all. He's intense & blue collar, which I love. He's kind of the antithesis of Jim Tressel from those perspectives.

Cy's Taxi

Sep 16, 2007
Your Coach Coach Paul Rhoads? First, I argue with the title of your thread. I'm even going to touch the rest of it, because I hate trolls. Especially Hawk trolls. Also, learn to use english. Please.

kgreeny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Not trying to bag on the OP but it's "your coach CPR" a little redundant since the C in CPR stands for coach. SO I think the title should be "Your CPR"

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I'm not saying CPR has a speech impediment, but since when does that mean that you're not intelligent? Do people with lisps automatically have lower IQs than people with out? Does a stutterer not have the ability to learn basic functions non-stutterers can? I don't understand exactly where you're coming up with how the two corealate at all.

Last edited:

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I'm not saying CPR has a speed impediment, but since when does that mean that you're not intelligent? Do people with lisps automatically have lower IQs than people with out? Does a stutterer not have the ability to learn basic functions non-stutterers can? I don't understand exactly where you're coming up with how the two corealate at all.

That idiot Stephen Hawking can't even talk at all!

Help Support Us

Become a patron