Your Favorite College Football Uniforms

The Mook

Jun 26, 2008
Ankeny, IA
www.twitter.com
My favorite uniforms USED to be Colorado ...

16.jpg
t1_recruiting.jpg

Now I think they suck ... like so many others that tried to make them more modern :no:

Colorado%20Buffaloes%20Tickets.JPG

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Yeah, who cares about a uniform?

signed,

The United States Marine Corps

Before you slam the Marine Corp....Look at there uniform..EVERYTHING on that uniform represents something

The Eagle Globe and anchor, The Stars on the Buttons the amount of buttons The Red Stripe on the trousers, The Blue trousers, the collar represents items also, the Quatrefoil on the officers cover.

Eagle - US Nation
Globe - World Wide Service
Anchor - Sea Service
13 Buttons for the original 13 Colonies
7 stars represents the same on the buttons - Originial colonies
Buttons featuring the eagle and anchor has been on the Uniform since 1804 - the oldest military insigna to be used to date
The red strip on the NCO's trousers (Thats Corporal and above) was for the loss of
comrades in the battle of Chepultapec where over 70% of non com's lost there lives
The Quatrefoil was back in the revolutionary war where they marines put braided ropes on their caps so that the snipers on the crow nest can distinguish friend from foe
Mamaluke sword worn by officers was given to the officers after the battle of Tripoli
The High collars was brought from the old to protect the neck from slashings...they had a leather collor which they wore around the necks...HENCE "Leatherneck"

Just a few and if you wish to debate this...go to your nearest Marine recruiter or Marine and ask them to tell you the story about the Marine Uniform.

Sincerely yours

Marine by birth - Born at MCRD San Diego June 4, 1982

Don't believe he was mocking the Marine Corps, believe he was mocking the poster who said uniforms don't matter and used the Marine Corps as an example where uniforms DO matter.

You're right one is yellow, and one is actually gold. But they're exactly the same in design, striping, etc. Besides, aren't ISU's colors cardinal and gold?

You don't think those two pictures look similar? Just a little bit?

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it...

from the article said:
The last person to wear gold pants was MC Hammer. Perhaps you should take his unbelievable failure into consideration when you design a uniform.

He was making fun of the fact that we were "planning" on wearing the shiny gold pants, which is something we've never worn since we went to this uniform style. But continue being the hypocrite you usually are on this site. You know, mocking ISU for "stealing" USC's uniforms when Iowa stole the Steelers' uniforms decades ago, mocking ISU for wearing gold pants when Iowa wears the exact same color, ripping on ISU fans for being "too obsessed" with Iowa when your daily post average on this Cyclone fan site is amongst the highest of all members...

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Don't believe he was mocking the Marine Corps, believe he was mocking the poster who said uniforms don't matter and used the Marine Corps as an example where uniforms DO matter.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it...

He was making fun of the fact that we were "planning" on wearing the shiny gold pants, which is something we've never worn since we went to this uniform style. But continue being the hypocrite you usually are on this site. You know, mocking ISU for "stealing" USC's uniforms when Iowa stole the Steelers' uniforms decades ago, mocking ISU for wearing gold pants when Iowa wears the exact same color, ripping on ISU fans for being "too obsessed" with Iowa when your daily post average on this Cyclone fan site is amongst the highest of all members...

They're clearly labeled after USC's, that's clearly obvious to anyone who looks at the two. ISU went to the red pants on the road this year, other than that they're very similar.

I don't think I've ever said Iowa didn't model their uniforms after the Steelers; in fact it's well known that when Hayden arrived he asked Chuck Knoll for permission to do it. In other words - no ****.

I said Iowa wears yellow pants...maybe you missed that. Or maybe you read it and just neglected to mention it.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
They're clearly labeled after USC's, that's clearly obvious to anyone who looks at the two. ISU went to the red pants on the road this year, other than that they're very similar.

I don't think I've ever said Iowa didn't model their uniforms after the Steelers; in fact it's well known that when Hayden arrived he asked Chuck Knoll for permission to do it. In other words - no ****.

I said Iowa wears yellow pants...maybe you missed that. Or maybe you read it and just neglected to mention it.

Extreme qualification fail.

Remind me what Iowa's colors are again? OLD GOLD and black. Not yellow. GOLD. And it doesn't matter if Fry asked for permission - they're a direct ripoff, which still makes Iowa fans look like gigantic ****** bags for ripping on ISU fans for "modeled" uniforms.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Extreme qualification fail.

Remind me what Iowa's colors are again? OLD GOLD and black. Not yellow. GOLD. And it doesn't matter if Fry asked for permission - they're a direct ripoff, which still makes Iowa fans look like gigantic ****** bags for ripping on ISU fans for "modeled" uniforms.

So does that mean that ISU should switch to the gold pants, since the official ISU colors are cardinal and gold? Or should they switch the official colors to cardinal and yellow?

Iowa modeled their uniforms after the Steelers. ISU modeled their after USC's. I agree with you on this.

jcats322

Oct 6, 2007
West Des Moines

We have worn the Cardinal pants on the road since we switched to the new unis.
http://whereballmeetsfoot.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/iowa_st_baylor_football_4500315.jpg

Last edited:

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
So does that mean that ISU should switch to the gold pants, since the official ISU colors are cardinal and gold? Or should they switch the official colors to cardinal and yellow?

Iowa modeled their uniforms after the Steelers. ISU modeled their after USC's. I agree with you on this.

No, I'm just telling you to quit being a hypocrite in mocking ISU for wearing gold pants when Iowa wears the same colored pants...

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
You're right one is yellow, and one is actually gold. But they're exactly the same in design, striping, etc. Besides, aren't ISU's colors cardinal and gold?

You don't think those two pictures look similar? Just a little bit?

Their similar, but, the shade of gold in the mock up is MUCH shinier and closer to the type of gold that Pitt is wearing right, rather than the shade of gold that ISU uses, which is the same shade of gold that Iowa uses. Both are clearly "yellow", but both schools call it gold.

CyFever

Dec 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
There's a lot of variation to the color 'gold'. The pants in question, as well as colors like Notre Dame's helmet, I'd call 'metallic gold'.

USC also has gold as an official school color. I think ours is pretty darn close to theirs.

You're right though, Iowa's is definitely yellow.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
No, I'm just telling you to quit being a hypocrite in mocking ISU for wearing gold pants when Iowa wears the same colored pants...

I've said Iowa wears yellow pants...twice...in this thread. Maybe you should scroll up and find those posts, since you obviously missed them.

jbing

Dec 27, 2007
Ankeny, IA
www.jeremybingaman.com
I always liked the green alternate jerseys for Notre Dame
apcacunrr_usc_notre_dame_1ac3n-lg.jpg

I've also always liked Auburn's jerseys (just not their taste in coaches)
gamble_auburn_cruisin_au11_large.jpg

I also agree with the Army jerseys. I'd never want to play them in a week they wore those.

Shinyhappyclone

Aug 25, 2007
iowa
Texas road uni's look like girls in long underwear when they play on astroturf or fieldturf. Too tighty whitey for me.
Although I dislike Michigan, their classic and bold look is top 3. Although I hate Nebraska, their uni's stand the test of time as a classic and simple standard. Of course, USC and ISU(2001 and 2009) look great, but Harvard looks better. The Blue gold of Notre Dame, Pitt, Navy (and st. louis Rams) is the Best IMO.

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
MotorCity973.jpg

Marshall's jerseys- classy
216823%5CWelker,%20with%20his%20brother%20Lee%20and%20parents%20Leland%20and%20Shelley%20in%202001,%20was%20a%20last-minute%20signee%20for%20Texas%20Tech.jpg

Texas Tech's all black jerseys dating back to the early 2000's, ie Wes Welker and Kliff Kingsbury