Your most embarrassing moments...

Goothrey

May 5, 2009
Dayton via Austin
Not one week in and I can add something.

As people filed out of lecture hall in hoover, I managed to fall down a few rows of seats. Somehow tripped on the edge of one of the aisle seats and fell forward. Ended up facing toward the back of the lecture hall with my leg wedged in between the space between two seats a row or so down and was unable to get up under my own power. :confused:

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
LOL. Thanks for the laugh.

I think the most embarrassing thing to happen to me at ISU was when I missed a final because I read the finals schedule wrong. Luckily it was one of the huge classes that everyone in the College of Business has to take so the prof let me come to the second finals session. It was quite embarrassing, so I was glad only the prof knew how stupid I was.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Back in the early 70's I was an usher at Hilton. At one men's basketball game, Governor Bob Ray showed up with, iirc, his two daughters. Anyway, it was my job to lead them down to their seats in the parquet. As we were walking down the announcer got on the p.a. system to point out to the crowd that the Governor was there. So, everyone was applauding, the Governor was waving, and I was in front of him. He said something to me and like an idiot I stopped and turned, nearly knocking him off his feet. Many in the crowd laughed, and I felt about an inch tall, and could not stop apologizing to the Governor and his family. I felt like an absolute fool in front of 14,000+ witnesses.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Got tackled on Welch ave. running from the cops. I got a little road rash on my forehead. Someone at a party I was running by when I was tackled was at my class the next monday. She was like "that was you, that was awesome, we were all cheering 'run forest run'."

Aparently you can't drink a beer walking down welch when underage. :skeptical:

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
First time i got caught smoking a doobie..Dad called me a little hippie :(..but i was laughing so hard at the time i had no idea what he said..but i was embarrassed

stretchclone

Jan 1, 2008
SW Iowa
When my high school principal was yelling at me. He told me he was going to suspend me for 3 days and it should be 10 days. I am now scared to death as I was going to get my butt kicked at home. He asks me if I know the difference between 10 and 3. I said yes, 6. He said WHAT???? I again, said 10-3 = 6. He told me I needed to spend more time on my math than being a smart*** in school. After that I realized the answer should have been 7, but it was way to late for a new answer.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
When my high school principal was yelling at me. He told me he was going to suspend me for 3 days and it should be 10 days. I am now scared to death as I was going to get my butt kicked at home. He asks me if I know the difference between 10 and 3. I said yes, 6. He said WHAT???? I again, said 10-3 = 6. He told me I needed to spend more time on my math than being a smart*** in school. After that I realized the answer should have been 7, but it was way to late for a new answer.

:biglaugh: Holy crap, thats freaking awesome.

wright4cy

Jan 15, 2007
Boone
ISU football game in student section the year we were beating KState ,and they came back to win! Well in first half I was cheering and jumping and sooo excited I lost my balance and fell .Leg came up between some poor guys legs ,fell forward onto two more guys who turned to catch crazy girl and yep u guessed it two arms landing in between two more guys legs! 3 guys got injured in my loss of balance ! I felt sooo bad!The were all very nice to me ,but I doubt they will forgot me too soon !If you are one of them reading I again am very sorry! very embarrassing

Reactions: Angie

HawkFanISUalum

May 17, 2009
Iowa City, IA
High school science class. A friend brought in a little rubber anatomically-endowed toad called the "Horny Toad". Our teacher saw it and marched us down to the principal's office. She set the toad on this desk. He was just looking at us and asking us questions, but nobody said anything.

Eventually, he picked up the toad by its appendage and shook it in our faces saying "Do you really think this is funny?". Our science teacher burst out laughing and had to leave his office. After that, there wasn't much he could say when his own teacher was laughing harder than we were...

Reactions: Ciclone

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I don't have any real good ones besides things I have said in a bar late in the night but I have one about a buddy in High school.

So before lunch we had Biology. We were dissecting Crawdads. My buddy stole one and put it in his pocket. For lunch that day we had spaghetti. So, my buddy proceeds to bury it in my other buddy's spaghetti. Now, the buddy that had the crawdad infested spaghetti, always leaned his chair back against the pop machine. So hes sittin there leanin against it on two legs and yet another buddy flips his chair with his foot. The guy who fell on the floor is no so embarrassed he just starts eating away to find a crawdad and soon as he sees it he jumps out of his chair and falls on the ground. This all happens in front of a cafeteria full of 200 kids. It was classic.

Help Support Us

Become a patron