Your most embarrassing moments...

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
I wiped out running onto the field a few years ago...in front of a full stadium. Luckily the guy behind me was quick on the uptake and yanked the stupid freshman (me) up onto his feet.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
This one you had to be there. I take my 2 year old daughter to Menards on the south side of DSM. I'm in the zone and get about ten feet ahead of her. I look back and she has her pants down to her knees and is taking a leak in the display toilets. I look around and nobody saw it. We pulled the drawers up and switched isles real quick. My reaction was and is...:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site
I wiped out running onto the field a few years ago...in front of a full stadium. Luckily the guy behind me was quick on the uptake and yanked the stupid freshman (me) up onto his feet.

was this you?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd-RvQbf220]YouTube - Too much smoke[/ame]

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
Only if I got a LOT more tan and stopped being the guy on the right side of my picture. Nope, my fall happened about 15 minutes (and at least two years) earlier before the game. Hopefully I won't try to recreate it this year.
Band not linebacker

MoreCowbell

Apr 23, 2009
Sitting in church a few years ago when my cell phone rings. I'd forgotten to turn it to silent and at the time my cell ring was "The Devil Went Down To Georgia." The associate pastor was in charge of the service and we were sitting right behind the regular pastor. It seemed like it took forever to dig my phone out of my bag and shut if off.

superdorf

Oct 1, 2007
Des Moines, IA
www.superdorf.com
Sitting in church a few years ago when my cell phone rings. I'd forgotten to turn it to silent and at the time my cell ring was "The Devil Went Down To Georgia." The associate pastor was in charge of the service and we were sitting right behind the regular pastor. It seemed like it took forever to dig my phone out of my bag and shut if off.
That's a good one.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
As a 6th grader, having to light the candles at church on Christmas eve (FULL) with an obvious adolescent hard-on.

Reactions: SC Cy

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
LOL. Thanks for the laugh.

I think the most embarrassing thing to happen to me at ISU was when I missed a final because I read the finals schedule wrong. Luckily it was one of the huge classes that everyone in the College of Business has to take so the prof let me come to the second finals session. It was quite embarrassing, so I was glad only the prof knew how stupid I was.
I'm embarrassed for you that this is your most embarrassing moment.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I used to have a text message alert that was Mr. T saying "You have a message mother ******!"
Left it on during wedding rehearsal at a church.

CIVILCY

May 21, 2009
In highschool my younger brother and my best friend would shove each other when ever they saw each other in the hallway. Well one day right as I was walking near the stair well my brother shoves my friend and my friend falls right into me and my feet catch the bottom step. I fell face first right into some girls cleavage. I couldn't do anything since my feet were caught on the step and my face was planted in this girl's breasts. After I was able get off her, she had the most ****** off look on her face. All I could think was great I'm going to get suspended for motorboating one of the hottest girls in school, but luckly she saw what happened and she ran over to my brother and decked him. So that turned from one of my most embarrassing moments to one of the better ones of high school.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I was obliterated at the 2006 Nebraska game and kept smacking the girls in front of me in the student section with my keys (I was swinging them on every defensive play).

Outside of that, there's a lot of things I SHOULD be embarssed about, but I'm not, because I lack shame. And I'd probably get banned for posting them.

Reactions: Haverhill

KezClone

Jun 30, 2006
Roland, IA
First week of school my freshman year, I'm playing pick-up basketball at the courts near Towers. I catch an elbow to my forehead that completely explodes my skin. I'm 99% unconscious--out on my feet--everything is all silent and bright white except for this black stream of something falling in front of my eyes (turns out, blood) as I'm bent over. I don't recall anything after that until being in the ER.

Now the embarrassing part--I get 11 stitches in the middle of my forehead, in a perfect "X" shape. The doc trimmed the ruptured skin and stitched it together as best he could.

First few weeks of freshman in college...and I've got a Charles Manson "X" stitched into my forehead.

Edit: I just remembered--the next day, my friends took me back out to the courts. They'd drawn a chalk body outline near the blood stain (which was disturbingly HUGE. Man, head wounds bleed.)

Reactions: Angie