Your name on other sites

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Clarification Needed: Greyer as in grey hair or Grayer as in Jeff Grayer?

Grayer, as in "Him no good. Him put he on pedal."

Kind of like Tonto, you know.

The crazy thing is, I met THE Grayer, and he is much more "interesting" in person. My wife still speaks of him.

My other "handles?" There are some things that are better left unsaid.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
peteypie on everyting, except on some things I forgot my password, and I have to be peteypie1

Lenny25

Jan 2, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
I was Lenny25 over on CN as well. Used to enjoy going round and round with Grayer. Think that guys is still working through those hooked on phonics books I got him back in 06.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Ya know, the funny thing is that I find myself self-censoring because I'm actually just a little askeered that the Great One is monitoring this site.

When I said my wife found him "interesting", I meant that she said something akin to "he creeps me out beyond words".

Remember "Slingblade?" Dude sounds, acts and looks just like Billy Ray Thornton's character.

More than once I wondered if he and Roger Sprague are related, or if maybe Roger is Grayer's alter ego.

hornacek14

Apr 11, 2006
I have used hornacek14 on CN also, until I too was banned and had to fight with scout and CN to get my money back, which I won the battle.
It is nice to see others were banned, now I know it just wasnt me.

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
What were you banned for? You guys that were banned seem pretty moderate to me.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
The easiest way to get banned there, was to ask about why coverage of events was bad, or where the magazines you were promised a year ago were. That's what I saw, anyway.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I have used hornacek14 on CN also, until I too was banned and had to fight with scout and CN to get my money back, which I won the battle.
It is nice to see others were banned, now I know it just wasnt me.

What were you banned for? You guys that were banned seem pretty moderate to me.

Towards the end of the CN run you would typically get banned if you questioned the direction of the site. I was banned a couple times.

Yeah - heaven forbid you politely ask either publicly or privately when information that is being paid for would show up. There are many of us that were banned from CN. It wasn't a big deal to me at all - my membership was days from running out over there, I had already long since found CF and wasn't posting on CN much because of that.

I wonder if grayer ever got the "s" key on his keyboard to work

While annoying, that was still rather amusing.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Towards the end of the CN run you would typically get banned if you questioned the direction of the site. I was banned a couple times.

Did you call the owner of scout to get unbanned? I thought once you got banned you could never go back.

What about bcoop. He always had good things to say and knew what was going in inside Cyclone sports.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Did you call the owner of scout to get unbanned? I thought once you got banned you could never go back.

What about bcoop. He always had good things to say and knew what was going in inside Cyclone sports.

The "owner" didn't know about high tech mysteries like IP addresses, so you could just reregister under a different "handle" and keep merrily posting away.

I think I hold the CN record for bannings. Frankly, the place was dominated by Hawkeye Fans, talking trash. Pointing this out was an automatic "ban".

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
My favorite was after I was banned from the message boards for complaining that there was no content for three months, which I paid for, they decieded to post all paid content as links to the message board. I canceled my subscription three times, with three different confirmation numbers. I finally had to issue a stop pay on the automatic payment as they kept deducting it from my card...

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Believe me, padawan, it was not always so....

Good grief, I remember when a student ran a mail server from his ISU account. Eight or ten years ago? That was the first Cyclone group that I remember.

Yes, I was "AClone" on both Scout and Rivals--and their predecessors. Never had a premium account, but I was annoyed as heck when I stopped posting to Scout and started getting spammed. It took over a year to finally erase my email account from their system, despite repeated complaints.

TGICycloneFanatic!

hornacek14

Apr 11, 2006
I was banned for asking where the content was I was paying for, banned for saying that them hiring a staff took longer than a presidential election, banned for saying both "businessmen", and I use that term lightly were just in it to get our money. Banned because I said I was tired of having to kiss their butts and bow to them anytime they actually did post something. And pretty much banned for asking why a Hawkeye and Wolverine fan were making money off of running a Cyclone site.
I was on the phone with scout for over one hour telling them to cancel me right away, they wouldn't, so I called my credit card told them the situation, they took back the charge and sent scout a letter that the charge wouldn't be accepted. Scout later sent me a letter saying my name, credit card and such were blocked from being a scout customer again. So I sent them a letter back saying that that is what I had been hoping for during the phone call.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron