Yuengling expanding distribution

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
New Glarus used to distribute in Illinois. Basically they couldn't keep up with demand and didn't want to deal with expansion and further distribution, so they decided to pull back to Wisconsin only distribution. IMO their beers are mostly average, so it's no big loss.
New Glarus beers are decent IMO, I just think they're pricey. They sell cases in stores and it's the price of four six packs. I just feel like you should get a little discount for that, not paying $38 for a case after tax.

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
Yuengling's my go-to in Florida. Was introduced to it in Pennsylvania while visiting Gettysburg. Spotted Cow's in my fridge and pantry now. I enjoy them both. Samuel Adams Octoberfest just hit the shelves, too, if you want a seasonal change-of-pace.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
My MIL has Yuengling in her fridge right now. She loves the stuff and they stocked up before coming back from the east coast this spring. I feel bad when I drink one of her stock so I limit myself to one a visit even if I'm there for 3-4 days.

By the way, she normally drinks Miller Lite.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Did I totally miss specifics on the expanded distribution? It seems like a pretty weak press release if you can’t even say which states and when people in the west might begin to see product in stores.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Any worry about it tasting the same coming from a big brewer?

Its not like Yuengling is a micro brew. They are pretty big. I'm sure their process will scale just fine.

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
New Glarus tries to cater too much to non-craft beer drinkers, I don't get it. Some of their experimental stuff is amazing and all of their fruit beers are world class. 10 bucks per 4 pack of the fruit beers is solid too.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I enjoy Yuengling and will buy over Coors, Miller or Busch. I don't f with Bud as it is already. I do think part of why I enjoy it is because of exclusivity though. As someone above mentioned, I'm always on vacation or visiting relatives if I'm drinking it, so always associate it with positive memories. We'll see how it goes, but I'm definitely looking forward to it.

I used to really enjoy Spotted Cow/ New Glarus stuff a lot. Then I moved to a border town and can have it whenever I want in a matter of minutes. I have found that I actually much prefer a 5 minute drive to Hy-Vee for something else as opposed to a 20 minute drive for New Glarus. It has definitely lost some luster for me now that it's not so exclusive.