Zach Johnson in 1st place at Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Na has some goofy mental issues in addressing the ball. Very strange to watch but it didn't seem to affect the final result for him.

how can Na take a full swing whiff with the driver and not get called for a penalty stroke?

Btw I really admire his honest, blunt interviews regarding his pre-shot routine and his struggles to play faster. The guy is pretty cool.

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
how can Na take a full swing whiff with the driver and not get called for a penalty stroke?

Btw I really admire his honest, blunt interviews regarding his pre-shot routine and his struggles to play faster. The guy is pretty cool.

You have to have intent to hit the ball for it to count as a stroke.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
You have to have intent to hit the ball for it to count as a stroke.

Wow that leaves it open to subjective opinion.

It seems if you address the ball and stand there doing practice take away then a full swing must be considered "intent". Golf has very strict rules for "grounding" your club in a hazard but seems a lot of liberal interpretation when it come to intent while addressing the drive .

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
Wow that leaves it open to subjective opinion.

It seems if you address the ball and stand there doing practice take away then a full swing must be considered "intent". Golf has very strict rules for "grounding" your club in a hazard but seems a lot of liberal interpretation when it come to intent while addressing the drive .

Well that's why you call penalties on yourself.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
That "Na na na" chant was classless at the event but I wil admit that I thought of it a long time before that.

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
it's fun watching Zach wilt and die week after week

Oh, and....

apr8_jacket2_299x244_0.jpg

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
^^I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. But if you'd like to connect the dots, I'm all ears.
um....pretty obvious.

Just because Johnson won something significant doesn't mean he's a good guy. You love him becasue the U of Iowa claims him as their own, and John has 333-4 times degraded ISU like an *******.

I'm sure half the fans think he actually attended Iowa. Tom Brokow whoring himself out for $$ to narrate Iowa's official commercial during TV Fb and mbb games is another example. Although the U of iowa wants you believe he is some esteemed alum, Brokaw was a skirt-chaser and drunk in Iowa City and left after his freshman year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.