Zach Johnson in 1st place at Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
um....pretty obvious.

Just because Johnson won something significant doesn't mean he's a good guy. You love him becasue the U of Iowa claims him as their own, and John has 333-4 times degraded ISU like an *******.

I'm sure half the fans think he actually attended Iowa. Tom Brokow whoring himself out for $$ to narrate Iowa's official commercial during TV Fb and mbb games is another example. Although the U of iowa wants you believe he is some esteemed alum, Brokaw was a skirt-chaser and drunk in Iowa City and left after his freshman year.

You just wrote one sentence that is on-topic, and about 5 that is completely off topic. You don't think he's a good guy. Fine.

But it's a general consensus on the Tour that he IS a nice guy. So I'll take their word for it - ya know, the people that are around him on a daily basis. And in my short meeting with him, he was very genuine.

Last edited by a moderator:

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado
I know people who have played with Johnson at the John Deere Classic. Nothing but a nice standup guy. Other pros also claim he's one of the nicest guys on tour. Yeah, maybe he chose the wrong team to root for :biggrin:, so what. He's a pro golfer who consistently finishes well on tour, is a major champion and Ryder Cup player, and is a native son of Iowa. Some of you guys have way too thin of skin on here, I wonder how you manage to function in real life...

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
I know people who have played with Johnson at the John Deere Classic. Nothing but a nice standup guy. Other pros also claim he's one of the nicest guys on tour. Yeah, maybe he chose the wrong team to root for :biggrin:, so what. He's a pro golfer who consistently finishes well on tour, is a major champion and Ryder Cup player, and is a native son of Iowa. Some of you guys have way too thin of skin on here, I wonder how you manage to function in real life...
at least i'm not a wuss

acody

Nov 25, 2006
Haven't watched for a while, but if he could hit his short to medium putts, he would be running away with this thing.

Every golfer on tour would be on top of the leaderboard if they made short to medium putts. That is what usually separates the winners from the rest of the field. All of these guys are good golfers. The winners withstand the pressure down the stretch and make the putts.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
I'm the wuss, yet you're the one who seemingly can't handle a famous person rooting for an in-state rival.

Another grade A post brought to you by rebecacy

nothing worse than an Iowa fan who never stepped foot on the U of Iowa campus, bashing ISU at every opportunity. Johnson fits that mold when media hacks brings up the subject of ISU-IA, especially around the annual FB game.

If this were some Drake alum bashing the Hawkeyes at every opportunity, Iowa fans would be sending him death threats

Good gawd, Iowa fans completely melted down when Pollard erected a billboard on I-380. Iowa fans STILL haven't gotten over it. Iowa fans = unfounded arrogance and sense of entitlement--and thin-skinned

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
nothing worse than an Iowa fan who never stepped foot on the U of Iowa campus, bashing ISU at every opportunity. Johnson fits that mold when media hacks brings up the subject of ISU-IA, especially around the annual FB game.

If this were some Drake alum bashing the Hawkeyes at every opportunity, Iowa fans would be sending him death threats

Good gawd, Iowa fans completely melted down when Pollard erected a billboard on I-380. Iowa fans STILL haven't gotten over it. Iowa fans = unfounded arrogance and sense of entitlement--and thin-skinned

l.jpg

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames

You act as if Iowa State fans are perfect souls. Hell most people on here ***** about not being in the Big 10. So your theory went out the window.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
Exactly...

reminds of :

1) Iowa fans' reaction to the ISU billboard on 380

2) When ISU beats Iowa in football---the three hours of postgame on 1040-am & 600am call-in shows, displaying the biggest whiney cry-babies ever. Simply hilarious entertainment

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
Exactly...

reminds of :

1) Iowa fans' reaction to the ISU billboard on 380

2) When ISU beats Iowa in football---the three hours of postgame on 1040-am & 600am call-in shows, displaying the biggest whiney cry-babies ever. Simply hilarious entertainment

So maybe you should stop crying about Zach Johnson. You wouldn't want to act like an Iowa fan, would you?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
You act as if Iowa State fans are perfect souls. Hell most people on here ***** about not being in the Big 10. So your theory went out the window.
the number of Hawk trolls and ISU fans who defend the Hawkeyes on here is pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron