Zednik stable after surgery

cmoneyr

Nov 8, 2006
Ames, Born and Raised
Just saw this on Sportscenter, very freaky stuff. Very reminiscent of the Malarchuk injury from the 80's, seems like Zednik was very fast to react though and skated directly to his trainer. Hope he recovers quickly. The amount of blood on the ice was just sickening.

Topshelf

Jan 31, 2007
Ames, IA
Just saw this on Sportscenter, very freaky stuff. Very reminiscent of the Malarchuk injury from the 80's, seems like Zednik was very fast to react though and skated directly to his trainer. Hope he recovers quickly. The amount of blood on the ice was just sickening.

Here is the video of Malarchuk getting his jugular cut... very crazy.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT4PenDwiPo]YouTube - Clint Malarchuk gets throat slit by skate[/ame]

Every other country in the world requires neck guards for until you are 18 for hockey. I'm not sure if USA has followed this rule yet, I know they didn't when I was playing.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Here is the video of Malarchuk getting his jugular cut... very crazy.
YouTube - Clint Malarchuk gets throat slit by skate

Every other country in the world requires neck guards for until you are 18 for hockey. I'm not sure if USA has followed this rule yet, I know they didn't when I was playing.

It wasn't his jugular that was cut - it was the coratid artery. They said his jugular was missed by an inch. If his jugular had been cut he probably would not have made it to the hospital.

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
Wow, that is really scary. At least the in zedneks case he had the good sense to skate over to the trainer immediately.

Help Support Us

Become a patron