Zevs Cosmos Shirts

jmarter

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 10, 2010
Zev was pure entertain for the after bar closing crowd. Somewhere I know I still have my original shirt from 1984.

WeBeJ

Dec 2, 2008
Omaha
In '84 I was a freshman at Ames High, and my friends would walk out to campus town and listen to him go at it with the other religious groups. Very entertaining!!!

redrocket22

Aug 24, 2011
Col de la Madone
I think I still have an original t-shirt somewhere. I could never really figure out if Zevs was that far out there or if he had just smoked the annual allotment of the entire Deadhead nation on a daily basis.

Speaking of Deadheads, I know I still have my Faiferlick and Casey - FAC for GSB shirt. Those two punking the Young Republicans and their Democratic rivals was pure comic gold back in the day.

CYclist

Mar 17, 2006
I could never really figure out if Zevs was that far out there or if he had just smoked the annual allotment of the entire Deadhead nation on a daily basis.

Kind of my thought, I never really knew whether to take Zevs seriously or not. Was he really trying to start a nudist church, or just messed up and trying to keep the conversation lively. Crazy dude in a bunch of different ways.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
What were the nudist soccer teams Zevs talked about starting? The men's team was going to be the Buckskins - what was the women's teams supposed to be called?

thedoctor

Oct 27, 2013
Earth
Has anyone spotted Zevs around Ames lately? I have discovered his writings in a box of old papers from the 1980s and wish to get in contact with him. Thanks in advance for any replys!

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Great post! I was in high school back when Zev was wandering Campustown. The Hardee's parking lot across from Pizza Pit (near Dark Star!) was always a hangout spot, and Zev was a regular sight there. I've got an old red tshirt with white printing on it somewhere. It may be time to order a new one!

BTW - for anyone on here that never experienced Dark Star... I'm sorry.

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
Great post! I was in high school back when Zev was wandering Campustown. The Hardee's parking lot across from Pizza Pit (near Dark Star!) was always a hangout spot, and Zev was a regular sight there. I've got an old red tshirt with white printing on it somewhere. It may be time to order a new one!

Cool video arcade at the time. I remember the masking tape where people ran into the mirrors and cracked them.

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
The last time I saw Zevs was on the NBC Nightly News, in 1990 or 1992 or something, near the end of the George H.W. Bush administration -- the time someone jumped the fence and tried to get into the White House.

They talked to Zevs, who was an eyewitness, standing nearby at the time.

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010

Dark Star was awesome...it was the cool place to be in the mid-80's. Thanks for the memory!

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
Cool video arcade at the time. I remember the masking tape where people ran into the mirrors and cracked them.

I remember when the place got dark and it simulated a space craft taking off! Neat effect. Left tons of quarters in that place! Thanks for the memory!

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
I didn't arrive in Ames until 1997 and this thread makes me feel like I really missed something good.

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
Zevs, Brother Jed, Sister Cindy (or was it Disco Cindy). Fun times.