Zombie Proof House

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
That's dumb. Everyone knows you are suppose to cover up the windows with removable 2x4's. Where else are you going to get your repair money to buy guns... amateurs.

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
That's dumb. Everyone knows you are suppose to cover up the windows with removable 2x4's. Where else are you going to get your repair money to buy guns... amateurs.

Well if you do that you need to spend the extra money to block off part of your house so you need to open it with more money and put various switches around your house to finally turn on the power.

cycloneace55

Nov 22, 2006
Gardena, CA
While nice I always thought the best design for a zombie apocalypse would be similar to "hurricane proof" house. (On stilts) Just think with a house on say 12' stilts and a retractable staircase they could shamble under the place and as long as you didn't make too much noise they would never know you are there. Of course I would grease the stilts (round steel poles) and have some select points where I could view the underside of the swelling to make sure the "smart one" isn't up to something that would get me dead, or un-dead as the case may be.

HawkFanISUalum

May 17, 2009
Iowa City, IA
I'm thinking this would be a good zombie-proof house until you ran out of provisions.

large_ISS.jpg

And if the "smart one" is smart enough to launch a space shuttle, pilot it, dock it, and come get you, well then he deserves to have you for dinner.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
I'm thinking this would be a good zombie-proof house until you ran out of provisions.

And if the "smart one" is smart enough to launch a space shuttle, pilot it, dock it, and come get you, well then he deserves to have you for dinner.

And, unless this is in the next few months, BUILD a space shuttle.

livinthedream

Feb 4, 2008
Elk River Mn
I have a kid who leaves his car unlocked in the driveway with the garage door opener inside said car.....I could have the concrete house with the drawbridge and they would get in anyway.....Now the obit would be kinda cool....livinthedream killed by zombies ...that beats the hell out of old age.....

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan

large_ISS.jpg

[HAL_voice]I'm sorry, Dave; I cannot let you do that....[/HAL_voice]

iahawkhunter

Apr 17, 2010
Huxley, IA
While nice I always thought the best design for a zombie apocalypse would be similar to "hurricane proof" house. (On stilts) Just think with a house on say 12' stilts and a retractable staircase they could shamble under the place and as long as you didn't make too much noise they would never know you are there. Of course I would grease the stilts (round steel poles) and have some select points where I could view the underside of the swelling to make sure the "smart one" isn't up to something that would get me dead, or un-dead as the case may be.

I'd go with teflon-coated aluminum. Steel poles would be magnetic and if the "smart one" gets his hands on some magnets to use as hand-holds you're f'ed.

Chipper

Dec 8, 2008
This whole zombie phase - including those of you who read the books ad survival guide crap is just asterisks stupid. Nerds.

cjclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 22, 2006
I'd go with teflon-coated aluminum. Steel poles would be magnetic and if the "smart one" gets his hands on some magnets to use as hand-holds you're f'ed.

I would put something like this on the stilts, only bigger.

1074_01_L.jpg