2009 Entrance Video

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Anybody seen it yet? What do you want it to be?

I dont believe it has been created yet...I want it to be able to be summarized in one word: intense. I'm not a fan of bubble gum rock songs like last years. Needs to be a lot of big hits, scenes of intensity. Maybe mix their walk through the Jacobson building into the video, cut away from their walk to show more clips. There is nothing more intense to me than showing players walk down to the field. I remember just from playing in high school how much of a rush that was for me. Not much of a Hawk fan, but showing their players come out of their locker room and walk all the way out to the field and just stand there waiting is such a rush for me to watch...especially with some ACDC playing.

Song suggestions:

Love me some Nine Inch Nails:

It's a bit short, but Hyperpower! by Nine Inch Nails
27 Ghosts III (3rd Ghosts disc, 9th track, 27th overall)

You can NEVER go wrong with Metallica!

Seek and Destroy
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Wherever I May Roam
Some Kind of Monster

White Stripes:
Blue Orchid

Deftones:
Elite
Feiticeira
Passenger

Hurt:
Ten Ton Brick

And for the fans of a little rap hip hop:
Fireman- Weezy F Baby

I could go on forever with songs...but thats just a taste I suppose

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I LOVED last year's music. I wouldn't call it bubble gum at all. The thing I liked the most is that they mixed recent highlights with historic film, which showed that while ISU isn't steeped in history and tradition, we do have some.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Last year's video was great, but Saliva is bubble gum pop w/distorted guitars.

Always thought "Cochise" by Audioslave would be a great song for something like this. Slow build up to an explosion type thing.

Can't go wrong w/Rage Against the Machine either. "Bulls on Parade" would be sweet here.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines

Always thought "Cochise" by Audioslave would be a great song for something like this. Slow build up to an explosion type thing.

Can't go wrong w/Rage Against the Machine either. "Bulls on Parade" would be sweet here.

I like it! Love me some Chris Cornell and that song would make a great entrance.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Like I said, near perfect entrance tune. It would be all about timing, though.

Well you could say that of any song though. Man, I'm gonna have to go dig that album out when I get home now. I've had Out of Exile in my car for months, but haven't listened to the first one in awhile.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

I'd trade in the Saliva on some Rage, that's for sure. I don't think that many Metallica songs would work that well. There's a fine line between head banging and getting pumped up. And the players need to relate to the music just a little bit too.:jimlad:

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Had never heard that Cochise song, but gotta agree with Al that the 1st min or so of that would be perfect after taking a you tube listen.

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
I LOVED last year's music. I wouldn't call it bubble gum at all. The thing I liked the most is that they mixed recent highlights with historic film, which showed that while ISU isn't steeped in history and tradition, we do have some.

agree. nice to celebrate the history we do have. i would continue this.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
I'm a big fan of contrast. I would love for something like 'Ecstasy of Gold' or 'Requiem for a Dream' with video clips before the team leaves the locker room. Then as they leave play the heaviest, fastest, hardest song you can find.

LAMD

Mar 26, 2009
All the Above

Have something sweet that could include some Hip Hop or Rap.

....or a little Chumba Wumba....I get knocked down, but I get up again, you never gonna keep me down!

bfross

Apr 10, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'd trade in the Saliva on some Rage, that's for sure. I don't think that many Metallica songs would work that well. There's a fine line between head banging and getting pumped up. And the players need to relate to the music just a little bit too.:jimlad:

Virginia Tech's players seem to relate to Metallica just fine.

I still maintain that Pantera's Walk is the absolute perfect entrance song.

RE....SPECT....WALK!