south end zone??

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Um, you need to check the Yankees prices. Outside the ridiculously expensive seats between first and third on the lower level, they're reasonable. Dallas has standing room. Oklahoma State is a damn joke.

Yankee Stadium has three different price levels under $30. Bleacher seats for $14

Dallas, standing room "party pass" for $29

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Um, you need to check the Yankees prices. Outside the ridiculously expensive seats between first and third on the lower level, they're reasonable. Dallas has standing room. Oklahoma State is a damn joke.

The difference is that in the case of the Yankees, those seats are 1/2 a mile above the field, and in Dallas, you're paying to go watch the game on TV, since you can't see the field from the standing room unless you're right up on the rail.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
The difference is that in the case of the Yankees, those seats are 1/2 a mile above the field, and in Dallas, you're paying to go watch the game on TV, since you can't see the field from the standing room unless you're right up on the rail.

and the upper deck in the endzone is an awesome seat? The Metrodome does the same thing in left field. Kauffman doesn't yet because the shiny new sentiment hasn't worn off. Busch Stadium is the same. US Cellular Field is the same. All venues have a cheap section unless you're Oklahoma State.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
and the upper deck in the endzone is an awesome seat? The Metrodome does the same thing in left field. Kauffman doesn't yet because the shiny new sentiment hasn't worn off. Busch Stadium is the same. US Cellular Field is the same. All venues have a cheap section unless you're Oklahoma State.

Didn't say sitting up high was a bad seat. I happen to like sitting in those type seats. What I was saying was that unless you're one of the first people at the gate at the new Texas Stadium, you're paying 29 bucks to watch the game on TV.

If you're trying to compare sitting in the cheap seats and being able to, you know, actually watch the game you paid to get into versus paying to do the same thing you could do at home - watch it on tv - it's not a very good comparison.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
On the sides it's close, in the middle Jack Trice looks a LOT bigger. Kinnick you're maybe 10 yards away from the field (we had front row at Kinnick last season)

It's closer than that. Why you would want to sit in the front row is beyond me. I'm 6'5", and I've sat in the 5th row before, and I hated it.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
It's closer than that. Why you would want to sit in the front row is beyond me. I'm 6'5", and I've sat in the 5th row before, and I hated it.

It sucked honestly, but those were the tickets the ISU ticket office gave us. Looking at pictures, I'd guesstimate 8-10 yards from where we sat to the 3 yard line on the field.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
My guess when this happens, students move to south endzone, opens up more donor seating on the northeast lower and upper levels.

fanaticman

Sep 21, 2009
- to adress the earlier part of this thread, i read that the current iowa state home game generates an easy 1 million bucks

-moving students to the end zone would allow for futures sweets on the east side as well

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I was hoping they haven't updated our VERY outdated scoreboard/videoboard/sound system because they have very realistic plans for an endzone.

superdorf

Oct 1, 2007
Des Moines, IA
www.superdorf.com
- to adress the earlier part of this thread, i read that the current iowa state home game generates an easy 1 million bucks

-moving students to the end zone would allow for futures sweets on the east side as well
MMMMM..... sweets....
200835801_40ae63de52.jpg

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008

It should be more than that....45,000 tickets x $50/ea = $2.25 million. It's less than that because end zone and student tickets are cheaper, but it can't be half of that because those are way less than half the seats. Plus they're somewhat offset by higher priced suites.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
It should be more than that....45,000 tickets x $50/ea = $2.25 million. It's less than that because end zone and student tickets are cheaper, but it can't be half of that because those are way less than half the seats. Plus they're somewhat offset by higher priced suites.

Unless they are recognizing the revenue on those suites as negative for the first 10 years like had been planned. They were set up to pay themselves off in 10 years, so they may be getting counted against profit. I guess in summary, for the time being, they may be losing money on the suites.

Additionally, there is a HUGE difference between profit and revenue. There are a lot of gameday costs, especially when it comes to fixing the field if that's factored in.

synapticwave

Mar 9, 2007
Austin, TX
www.longshotgames.com
For the 2004-2005 academic year (the last year that the NCAA required reporting of financial numbers to my knowledge) ISU reported football ticket sales revenue of: $6,055,614, and all football revenue (which includes conference distributions, gauranteed neutral site payouts, and concessions) of: $11,456,935.

Total Football expenses were reported at: $7,160,617, so for football only we show a profit of $4,296,318. For the entire athletic department in '05 we had a surplus of around $600K.

This is of course for 04-05. Ticket prices are much higher now as are coach's salary expenses. So it's difficult to extrapolate where we are with revenue and profit for football this year based on those numbers, but I think it's very safe to say that both revenue and expenses are higher than they were 4 years ago. I would conservatively say that we would have an increase in revenue of at least 15% and probably an increase in expendatures of 15-25% based in part on still having to pay out $+500K to Cheezwad's old staff plus the renovations to the stadium getting drawn into that.

CyPride

Oct 12, 2008
Has anyone heard anything with this? I really hope this happens soon. It is critical to our future as a legit Big XII team in my opinion!

won't happen soon.

for goodness sake - we just sold out and gave up a home game for a roadie to KC. we are no were near making big-time renovations when we can't even sell out our own place consistently, or charging Nebraska or Iowa fans ridiculous amounts to see a game here, and then to Monte's point - a big portion of our sales are give aways.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
won't happen soon.

for goodness sake - we just sold out and gave up a home game for a roadie to KC. we are no were near making big-time renovations when we can't even sell out our own place consistently, or charging Nebraska or Iowa fans ridiculous amounts to see a game here, and then to Monte's point - a big portion of our sales are give aways.

youre ridiculous. EVERYONE plays these neutral site games. Even Texas and Oklahoma do it.