south end zone??

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
Has anyone heard anything with this? I really hope this happens soon. It is critical to our future as a legit Big XII team in my opinion!

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
Oh yeah, I heard that it is a done deal and they will start as soon as the last game is over. I just forgot to post it. :jimlad:

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Doesn't this discussion come up in EVERY OTHER THREAD?!?
I wouldn't say every other thread... But, maybe weekly. :wink:
And to answer the question, I think the best answer now is when we get funding and continue to fill the stadium and get better.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
Two things will be required before we get the south end zone bowled in:

1. Our AD needs to land a big (> 6 figures) donor.

2. We need to consistently sell out the existing seats at regular ticket prices without resorting to minipaks and $10 tickets for the first and last home games every year.

Unfortunately neither of these is likely to happen anytime soon. A bowled-in south end zone is probably 5+ years away at a minimum.

superdorf

Oct 1, 2007
Des Moines, IA
www.superdorf.com

2. We need to consistently sell out the existing seats at regular ticket prices without resorting to minipaks and $10 tickets for the first and last home games every year.

Unfortunately neither of these is likely to happen anytime soon. A bowled-in south end zone is probably 5+ years away at a minimum.
So should the AD go door to door until he finds 1 and 2?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

The first item, yes.

The second item... not true. A sellout or two a year would probably be enough, actually, from what i remember someone doing the math. Even just for iowa or nebraska.

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
seriously, i thought we had some big $$ on the hook. i love JTS, but it is not Big XII.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA

If its going to take a long time to get this done then I say we try and do a phase 2.5 and get 8-10 million in AV upgrades. Find a lead donor for this project and get something impressive in the north endzone and just keep the south scoreboard intact (minus the speakers of course). That may be more attainable to find a donor for this then the south endzone in the current state of the economy etc... (I think OU replace their Football scoreboard and sound plus their Basketball arena's for 8-10 Million.)

As far as selling out the stadium. All we really need to do is average just above 45,000 and we are good. That is truely what the stadium holds.

And.........All hills must go. Go to the Hamilton County Speedway if you want to sit in the grass. (make the corners Cheap seats or GA)

Last edited:

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
seriously, i thought we had some big $$ on the hook. i love JTS, but it is not Big XII.

we might have, but its also very possible economic conditions caused the donor to back out.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
and we are well above that so far this year.

This is kind of where I was going with that statement. Just think if we were #15 at 8-2 with # 12 Oklahoma State coming to Ames on ABC.
That is what we need around here. That kind of excitement is what gets facilities built.

Its hard to beleive we average what we do with the product we have had the last few years.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
and we are well above that so far this year.

We are, but based on the way single game and minipak tickets have been available in $500 and $1000 donor sections, plus the $10 tickets for NDSU, I don't think we have anywhere near 45k seats sold at full price. And I'm guessing that sometime in the first week of November we'll see $10 tickets offered for the Colorado game.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
If they ever get that endzone built I think the upper deck should be $10/game every game...

Have you seen ticket prices at the new stadiums for the Dallas Cowboys, Oklahoma State Cowboys, or New York Yankees? :wideeyed:

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Have you seen ticket prices at the new stadiums for the Dallas Cowboys, Oklahoma State Cowboys, or New York Yankees? :wideeyed:

Um, you need to check the Yankees prices. Outside the ridiculously expensive seats between first and third on the lower level, they're reasonable. Dallas has standing room. Oklahoma State is a damn joke.