All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Pretty sure he's the first QB from either school to do that in a season, ever.

Stanley probably has some nice potential and from what I could tell he probably fits Iowa's offense. But if his career doesn't go all that well it wouldn't be the first time Iowa's hype machine was ahead of a QB's actual talent.
I remember a bit of Hawk chatter of Drew Tate for Heisman at the beginning of the 2005 season. Some obnoxious fans were behind us at Jack Trice telling everyone around that he was going to light us up. Maybe a quarter thru the game and he throws a pick, tries to go for the tackle, and knocks himself out of the game. That love they had for him turned pretty quickly into calling him out for not being tough enough to stay in the game because the backup was atrocious. Iowa fans booing their QB is nothing new though.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Garza is better offensively than Lard just like Kempt is better offensively than Stanley.

Seriously why don't you think Kempt is good? It's weird

According to the stats, Garza is a better overall player than Lard is.

I never said Kempt wasn't good.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
According to the stats, Garza is a better overall player than Lard is.

I never said Kempt wasn't good.

Stanley didn't even have one coach vote for him as an all conference QB. At least one Big 12 coach considered Kempt the third best QB in the league behind Mayfield and Rudolph. You may have an opinion Stanley will be better in the future for some odd reason but the fact is Kempt was better last season

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: GTO and YeahBuddy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I remember a bit of Hawk chatter of Drew Tate for Heisman at the beginning of the 2005 season. Some obnoxious fans were behind us at Jack Trice telling everyone around that he was going to light us up. Maybe a quarter thru the game and he throws a pick, tries to go for the tackle, and knocks himself out of the game. That love they had for him turned pretty quickly into calling him out for not being tough enough to stay in the game because the backup was atrocious. Iowa fans booing their QB is nothing new though.

Pretty sure Drew Tate went just over .500 for his career after an LSU defensive back quit on the last play in their bowl game one year.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Stanley didn't even have one coach vote for him as an all conference QB. At least one Big 12 coach considered Kempt the third best QB in the league behind Mayfield and Rudolph. You may have an opinion Stanley will be better in the future for some odd reason but the fact is Kempt was better last season

How could you disagree with this @YeahBuddy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
they each have 1 actually.

Final AP poll

OU 3
tOSU 5
TCU 9

Going by when they played.

If that's the case, the number of Hok wins vs. highly ranked teams during Fry's tenure takes a hit and makes it even more marginal than it already is.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
See, this is why it’s impossible to have rational conversations on this board. Don’t you ever get sick of trolling?

Once again, you get offered stats/facts and come back with a troll. Well done.

I think your confusing him for yourself...

Look; If you think Stanley has more potential than Kempt, that is a fine and dandy assessment that I happen to agree with. Your single argument seems to come from Stanley's admittedly superior arm strength.

If you're trying to argue Stanley was better than Kempt last year, the stats in virtually (if not every) category favor Kempt.

Rich Gannon had perhaps the strongest arm in the history of the NFL. Would you take him over a weaker armed Montana or Brady?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Derp, Stanley threw for more yards, had more TD's with less weapons to throw to and played a much tougher schedule than Kempt did.

Stanley played in a lot more games, so he should have more yards and TDs. Don't exactly know how you come up with a tougher schedule. Kempt didn't get to play against UNI, or Baylor., but did pretty well against OU and TCU.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
How could you disagree with this @YeahBuddy

Because its just another one of your trolls. You swear by the AP poll except for when it comes to all conference selections and then use the coaches selections because it fits your argument as Kempt received honorable mention from the coaches and Stanley recevied honorable mention from the media.

But you already knew that.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Stanley played in a lot more games, so he should have more yards and TDs. Don't exactly know how you come up with a tougher schedule. Kempt didn't get to play against UNI, or Baylor., but did pretty well against OU and TCU.

They both averaged 2 TD passes per game

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016

Exactly, Kempt couldnt even beat out Park and there is pretty well a consensus on this board that Stanley is better than Park.