Tracking games played by the true freshmen

CyclonePigskin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 28, 2010
DSM
I’d guess he plays. Win now, keep upgrading by showing kids they will play if they do the work and have the tools.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
I just checked the Participation Report. Scates was not on it.

Also curious whether the four are back at practice. I wouldn’t have figured the suspension to be more than a game.

Where does one find this participation report?

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Will McDonald is going to be a VERY tough call for the staff.

I'm sure they would love to RS him, but he's a stud and can help us. IMO, he will end up being one of the better DE's to ever wear a Cyclone uniform before he leaves.

Right now I'm hoping that Rose, Anthony Johnson, and Purdy will be the only ones to burn their RS this year, but as I said, McDonald will be very tough to sit.

I didn't realize Vaughn had already played in 2 games either. There's no reason whatsoever to burn a kid's RS just playing him on special teams, unless he's a kicker or punter of course.

I think when you get into the tough call department, the best thing to do is leave the decision to the kid.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Carson Epps had a redshirt available. I don't think he has even played this year. He mostly played special teams last year after a promising sophomore year at WR.
He’d better get it in gear soon, or the term “recruited over”” will quickly come into play.