Tracking games played by the true freshmen

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
The one thing I don't care for about the new uni's is it can be tough to tell 8's from 9's. Kolar/Soehner/Leo, etc.

Agreed, saw 89 (Soehner) limp off the field, thought it was 88 (Kolar).. didn't know for sure until during that drive when Kolar caught a pass.

JD4560

Nov 12, 2015
I know he isnt a freshman but how many games has keontae jones played in this year? any chance he could redshirt. especailly since he only played a little but last year ?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I know he isnt a freshman but how many games has keontae jones played in this year? any chance he could redshirt. especailly since he only played a little but last year ?
I have a suspicion a redshirt is an option—and may be the plan. I don’t think he put on as much muscle last off-season as the coaches wanted him to. Not enough for the Bid XII.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Same here, but I would rather redshirt McDonald anyways. That kid is going to be special.
I kind of agree. Except for the simple fact that if he’s going to be that special, a fourth season would be irrelevant—let alone a fifth.

The main difference I see between him and Peterson continuing to play is that Peterson started out with about fifteen pounds more muscle mass. Both are going to be good.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
I kind of agree. Except for the simple fact that if he’s going to be that special, a fourth season would be irrelevant—let alone a fifth.

The main difference I see between him and Peterson continuing to play is that Peterson started out with about fifteen pounds more muscle mass. Both are going to be good.
Agreed. And Petersen could still play on 4 games and redshirt next year.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Could. If he and McDonald both put on 20-25 lbs, do you really expect that to happen?
Honestly, yes. Bailey and Uwaruzike return as the starters, plus Leo and McDonald as the 2nd stringers as well as some other youngins, so it's possible. Just depends on injuries and where Petersen would be on the depth chart. I think McDonald will get a lot of reps, and I really don't know much about Petersen other than he has played in 5 games. I don't think he has recorded any stats and he hasn't done anything to grab my attention while watching the games, but if he's getting in there then the coaches must be confident in the kid.

Reactions: Aclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron