Votes: 288 91.4%

• Total voters

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Losing to Nebraska at home after beating them the year before at Memorial Stadium was the biggest gut punch loss for me. I wanted to win that game so bad. The last time we would be playing them, he was open, in over time, in the end zone...so close to ending that series with back to back wins would have been so sweet.

Yeah, that was definitely Lucy pulling the football on that one.

The "eff off and don't come back" to Nebraska was worth so much.

JaCyn

Mar 18, 2017
Losing to Nebraska at home after beating them the year before at Memorial Stadium was the biggest gut punch loss for me. I wanted to win that game so bad. The last time we would be playing them, he was open, in over time, in the end zone...so close to ending that series with back to back wins would have been so sweet.
Being born a cyclone in 1972 there has been many, but man you just made me angry again.

• Funny
Reactions: khardbored

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Technically over the last 2 seasons its the highest point total ISU has lost a game by, so yes it is their worst lost in that span. Jimlad.

It sucks, but Texas just matches up with ISU too well in the trenches the last 3 years, and their DC apparently saves all his blitzes for ISU. All 3 games with CMC vs Texas have been slow winding tug of war games that ISU gets overpowered in as the game drags on. F- texas.

Moving forward, ITS PURPLE KANSAS BUTT WHOOPING TIME! Send Bill Snyder out of ncaa coaching ranks with a big fat loss in his final game. With that said, I feel like he's not stepping down after the season.

Reactions: khardbored

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Not the worst loss. I'd maybe vote the NDSU 2014 game as the worst loss...that was just a straight up ass-kicking by an FCS team. There's many others too.

Definitely that ISU moment that's alluded us this year. Everything lines up for a chance at uncharted territory, and, thud.

Next week will be interesting.

Reactions: Cyclone46

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I really hope you are not serious.....This isn't even close! Not even the worst in this decade.

ImperturbableIncompleteApe-max-1mb.gif

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Up there with the biggest kick to the groin....

Again, not even close.

It’s annoying how many fans can’t handle things. We played a team slightly better than us and did not play well. There was always a chance we’d lose. That’s what happens when two good teams play.

A kick would be winning tonight and losing to Kansas State.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Technically over the last 2 seasons its the highest point total ISU has lost a game by, so yes it is their worst lost in that span. Jimlad.

It sucks, but Texas just matches up with ISU too well in the trenches the last 3 years, and their DC apparently saves all his blitzes for ISU. All 3 games with CMC vs Texas have been slow winding tug of war games that ISU gets overpowered in as the game drags on. F- texas.

Moving forward, ITS PURPLE KANSAS BUTT WHOOPING TIME! Send Bill Snyder out of ncaa coaching ranks with a big fat loss in his final game. With that said, I feel like he's not stepping down after the season.

Yeah, our line play is just not up to snuff with theirs. We have played the worst against them and Iowa for the past three years. That is not a coincidence.

We seem to lose to Texas the same way every season.

Not saying we cannot figure it out eventually, but it has befuddled us so far.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Another one was the UCONN game back in '02. Already a let down season at that point following our 6-0 start, that was one hell of a TKO

UConn was ascending while ISU was nose diving so became the perfect storm for them to beat ISU.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Yeah, our line play is just not up to snuff with theirs. We have played the worst against them and Iowa for the past three years. That is not a coincidence.

We seem to lose to Texas the same way every season.

Not saying we cannot figure it out eventually, but it has befuddled us so far.

What really stinks is that for the 1st time in ISU's history, an argument can be made that our skills players in recent years are better than theirs. Lazard, Butler, Montgomery, and ISU has some LBs/DB in that same sense as well, but its the line play that has been the downfall.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
UConn was ascending while ISU was nose diving so became the perfect storm for them to beat ISU.
You're right. They had an NFL QB on their roster if I remember right. Orlovsky maybe? Spent years backing up Stafford in Detroit

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
You're right. They had an NFL QB on their roster if I remember right. Orlovsky maybe? Spent years backing up Stafford in Detroit

Yeah, maybe. I just remember they were pretty average most of the season, and then they were playing pretty good ball a few weeks before ISU, and ISU had been just getting worked. It was a disaster. By the end of that season, ISU really didn't even deserve a bowl game, which they proved....at the bowl game.