Incarnate Word season watch thread

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Maybe turn on your sarcasm detector. ;) Think he is for sure jokingly referencing that before the five game winning streak that the IC Word game was projected to be maybe be one would need to get to 6-6. We obviously don't "need" that anymore.

Yep, 7-4 or 6-5 are great than .500.

TykeClone

Burgermeister!
Oct 18, 2006
Surprisingly there are several FBS teams that missed a game this year as well, that never rescheduled. Not that I think these are better options or that any of these would be willing to come, although a couple could need a game to get bowl eligible, which again is not a great option for us. Just saying there are plenty of options out there to get a game scheduled.
These are the FBS teams that are short a game, and have not rescheduled:
West Virginia
North Carolina
Virginia Tech
Southern Miss
App State
UCF.....LOL

Bring on North Carolina!

Or UCF, but I think they have a conference title game.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
IW will get smoked by NDSU if they make it to the next round. Im sure the admin is kind of hoping to at least get paid to get smoked by a P5 team. Not saying they will throw the game, but its a nice consolation prize if they lose in the first round.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

TarCy

Oct 11, 2015
Lawrence KS
Bring on North Carolina!

Or UCF, but I think they have a conference title game.

Um... We, Carolina, are gonna be busy with a coaching search.... But if you'd like to come to Chapel Hill it will likely be a comfortable 72 Degrees in December. We'd love to have CMC come see how nice it is in the South during the Winter Months. I hear Ol'Roy is pretty good at Recruiting the Iowa area.

Freebird

Apr 11, 2006
There's no way we schedule another team this late in the game. If UIW wins Saturday, we don't play a 12th regular season game in my opinion. At least we won't need it for bowl eligiblity.
Exactly. There is zero reason to at this point. It's not like a W over a FCS team is going to make any difference in bowl selection. We are already eligible. I doubt the game is played at this point.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Exactly. There is zero reason to at this point. It's not like a W over a FCS team is going to make any difference in bowl selection. We are already eligible. I doubt the game is played at this point.
Iowa State has only has one 9 win season in our history. If we beat K state we have a shot at 8 wins if we get IW. I want to be able to get to 9 wins.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012

I'm sure JP sees this very different than you.

Winning 8 games, possibly 9 in a season is unheard of around here (which is sad) and doing so would be big for the growth of the program.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Have we sold much for tickets to this game? A friend that I offered my tickets to (HS wrestling meet same day) said they got theirs refunded for SDSU and it would be great since they get their money back and free tickets. Are they actually selling or will this be mostly a season ticket holder game?

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Have we sold much for tickets to this game? A friend that I offered my tickets to (HS wrestling meet same day) said they got theirs refunded for SDSU and it would be great since they get their money back and free tickets. Are they actually selling or will this be mostly a season ticket holder game?

It's kinda hard to sell tickets for a game that may or may not even happen.

I would guess that if/when it's a for-sure, there will be a big flash sale. Maybe like $5 tickets.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

It’s a great player development thing. Campbell and pollard made a big deal about playing the game whether we had 9 wins or 2. We’ll play

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Anyone care to share any quotes he had about it? I used up all my articles for the Rag.

Try opening in an incognito window? Not sure if that works with Register but does with some other papers with the article limits.

BTW, I am not a total cheapo, I do subscribe to three newspapers, just not any interest in anything from Iowa. I cheap it occasionally for the NY Daily News for Yankee articles.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Anyone care to share any quotes he had about it? I used up all my articles for the Rag.
This is probably the only quote that’s worth anything:

So Pollard is preparing for another option, just in case, already reaching out to multiple schools. "Some folks have to make a decision this week," Pollard said. "We've talked to multiple schools and multiple schools have indicated that they'd be interested."

danielyp29

Jan 3, 2011
Ames
was the waiver vs Drake to play the game or have it count toward bowl eligibility? I wonder if playing them is still an option if it was primarily for the bowl eligibility part

Reactions: AlaCyclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron