2019 Football Targets

CubsClones1

Nov 12, 2012
Prairie City
Really don't know family very well. My son was a Senior two years ahead of Will. I can say he was a man amoung boys as soon as he stepped on the field as a Freshman. Pleasant surprise he stayed and played eight man. Probably would of been a higher recruit if he spent his final two years at SEP OR Ankeny.
Here's an article with a little more info on Will. Sounds like a real solid addition by the staff and oh yea, always love beating out the Hawks for a kid!

https://www.newtondailynews.com/2018/12/20/clapper-chooses-cyclones/a34l2tq/

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Some updates from Allen Trieu on ISU Midwest Targets:

Looks like ISU is out on OT Danielson Ike:
"Kansas City Rockhurst's Danielson Ike did not sign and did not take his official visit to Michigan, which was scheduled for the weekend of December 14th. Prior to that, he took an official visit to Indiana, and the Hoosiers are in a good position, although Ike may still visit Michigan in January. He has official visits planned for Oklahoma and Missouri as well next month."

WR Tre'von Morgan:
"A big, athletic 6-foot-6, 215-pound pass-catcher, Tre'von Morgan has taken one official visit to Iowa State already, but has four more to take. At the moment, Michigan State, Washington State, TCU and Iowa are the four he has talked about, although there are still schools out there -- like Penn State -- who are still interested but have not offered. This recruitment appears to be wide open as he enters January."

OT Ira Henry:
"This one seemed headed for a somewhat local battle, with schools like Iowa State, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma involved, but the horizons have recently expanded. Indiana is in the mix, but it is two southern schools, Florida and Florida State, who are beginning to make some noise here. The 6-foot-5, 330-pound road-grader is looking to take official visits to both schools in January before signing in February."

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Update-Midwests-top-unsigned-seniors-126872019/#126872019_9

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Aclone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

"Kansas City Rockhurst's Danielson Ike did not sign and did not take his official visit to Michigan, which was scheduled for the weekend of December 14th. Prior to that, he took an official visit to Indiana, and the Hoosiers are in a good position, although Ike may still visit Michigan in January. He has official visits planned for Oklahoma and Missouri as well next month."

WR Tre'von Morgan:
"A big, athletic 6-foot-6, 215-pound pass-catcher, Tre'von Morgan has taken one official visit to Iowa State already, but has four more to take. At the moment, Michigan State, Washington State, TCU and Iowa are the four he has talked about, although there are still schools out there -- like Penn State -- who are still interested but have not offered. This recruitment appears to be wide open as he enters January."

OT Ira Henry:
"This one seemed headed for a somewhat local battle, with schools like Iowa State, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma involved, but the horizons have recently expanded. Indiana is in the mix, but it is two southern schools, Florida and Florida State, who are beginning to make some noise here. The 6-foot-5, 330-pound road-grader is looking to take official visits to both schools in January before signing in February."

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Update-Midwests-top-unsigned-seniors-126872019/#126872019_9

I figure this staff will come up with a February signee or two that we know nothing about right now—who turns out to be Purdy good.

• Funny
Reactions: cyyote15

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012

WR Tre'von Morgan:

OT Ira Henry:

Tre'von Morgan committed to Mich State. I would have liked to see that kid at ISU

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com

Zaylin Wood decommits from Temple, now warm to Iowa State. @cyclone4L, since you were just asking about him

His profile lists him as DE, but in his highlight video he's playing on the interior. Are we projecting him as a DT or nose? He plays nasty. Daddy like.

0GIDx6M.gif

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
His profile lists him as DE, but in his highlight video he's playing on the interior. Are we projecting him as a DT or nose? He plays nasty. Daddy like.

0GIDx6M.gif
Yes, he'll be playing Interior DL. He has the first step quickness and speed of Aaron Donald and hits very hard.

His biggest issue is he is light. He's about 250 lbs. He will need a year in S&C to get Big 12 ready.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com

“At the beginning of the year, when we lost those two games, I was very humbled,” Wood said.
“After that, everybody really started working as a team. Really, if it wasn’t for everybody else on our defense doing our job, I wouldn’t have been named Defensive Player of the Year. It’s everything we do as a team. If they didn’t do their job, then I wouldn’t be able to make the tackles that I have.”

Sounds like Cyclone material to me. Interior D-line has been a concern of mine lately as we only have one season of eligibility left for Lima & Jamahl Johnson. Would love to sign this guy.