****Official Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread****

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
UAA Finals: Bossi's All-Tournament team has 2 players with ISU interest.

Jalen Suggs - His play: If I said I saw a better player during my time at the UAA, I would be lying. A big and physical floor general, Suggs can get wherever he wants on the floor and he's a lot more skilled than he's gotten credit for at times. His emotions can get the better of him at times, but his ability to dominate a game on either side of the floor when locked in is impressive.

His recruitment: Suggs has taken an official visit to Gonzaga and they had coaches watching. I also saw coaches from Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas, Marquette, Minnesota, West Virginia and others watching.

Gradey Di*ck (2022) = His play: We'll have to see how he does at USA Basketball at the end of the month, but **** has put himself into contention for the initial 2022 rankings. He shoots with range, is a skilled ball-handler and passer who won't think twice about putting a defender in the rim thanks to his plus leaping ability.

His recruitment: Creighton, Iowa State, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Wichita State have already offered.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/uaa-finals-bossi-s-all-tournament

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Correct but ISU only has had 2 players over 6-8 play a single nba minute in the last 10 years and both were Hoiberg recruits (Niang & White)

ISU has a lot to offer Foster and i hope like hell he chooses the Cyclones but Scott Drew has a proven track record of getting players with his skill set to the league. Prohm has a similar track record with guard players.
This is close to, but not exactly true. Brackins did play a bit and, if you want to count Justin Hamilton, he did play a bit.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Unless Duke, North Carolina come calling. Pretty sure he will be a Cyclone. He is dating a gal on the ISU cheerleading squad. I even saw them with here parents at the Ames 4th of July parade. If the blue bloods would come calling, sounds like she will follow him were he goes.

I would think at this point if he hasn't gotten an UNC or Duke offer he likely won't be getting one, plus he's currently injured thus not playing the summer circuit impress the coaches to get a late summer offer. Likely the reason Xavier is ready to cut his list and I do think ISU is very good position at this point, it is good news for Prohm that he isn't looking to extend his recruitment until the Spring.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Not really sure we have a shot at Suggs. Maybe. However, I feel good about Foster right now. Then again I keep scratching my head trying to figure out this Baylor thing. Like why would you want to play for Baylor in front of nobody. When he could go to a different school and play in front of a big crowd? Not just talking Iowa State. He could go to a lot of schools that are big basketball schools. Why Baylor. That is what makes me nervous.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I would think at this point if he hasn't gotten an UNC or Duke offer he likely won't be getting one, plus he's currently injured thus not playing the summer circuit impress the coaches to get a late summer offer. Likely the reason Xavier is ready to cut his list and I do think ISU is very good position at this point, it is good news for Prohm that he isn't looking to extend his recruitment until the Spring.

UNC and Duke might miss out on there primary guys and he would be a secondary option. Yeah I know, how bad would it suck to be in a position where the secondary guy is rated as high as foster.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
This is close to, but not exactly true. Brackins did play a bit and, if you want to count Justin Hamilton, he did play a bit.

That’s fair but point still stands that Prohms nba track record isn’t great with big men as both players you listed were players that did not play for or were recruited by the current staff.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
. Like why would you want to play for Baylor in front of nobody. When he could go to a different school and play in front of a big crowd?
If this were a big priority for top recruits, Iowa St and Creighton would be top 15 in recruiting every year. It's not though, so they're not. It's just not as big of a deal as we would like it to be.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Not really sure we have a shot at Suggs. Maybe. However, I feel good about Foster right now. Then again I keep scratching my head trying to figure out this Baylor thing. Like why would you want to play for Baylor in front of nobody. When he could go to a different school and play in front of a big crowd? Not just talking Iowa State. He could go to a lot of schools that are big basketball schools. Why Baylor. That is what makes me nervous.

Not bold to say, Gonzaga made him a priority, impressed him and looks to be the clear favorite at this time.
I do have pause that it is done deal though, considering his list (Minnesota, Marquette, ISU, Iowa) is very mid west focused, other than the Zags obviously, which could indicate a desire to stay close to home.
Suggs has had contact with ISU since before HS, visited multiple times, has a very good relationship with Haliburton and just said he wants to take an official to Ames. Prohm has a shot even if he needs to make up ground in the next couple of months. I am more optimistic than I was in May.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
That’s fair but point still stands that Prohms nba track record isn’t great with big men as both players you listed were players that did not play for or were recruited by the current staff.

Drew has been a head coach twice as long as Prohm too. Just to be fair. Sure Drew has a good track record with big men but it isn't like he's had 15 first rounders. Most have had a cup of coffee and that is it.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Drew has been a head coach twice as long as Prohm too. Just to be fair. Sure Drew has a good track record with big men but it isn't like he's had 15 first rounders. Most have had a cup of coffee and that is it.

In all fairness. Most of the guys Drew has put in the NBA have been high level recruits. When talking Guards Prohm has put some very low level guys in the league. I mean low level recruits. That is what I get impressed with. Not putting 5 or high 4 star in the league. I am talking taking a high two star or low 3 star and getting them into the league.

BLHawk

Jun 25, 2019
UNC and Duke might miss out on there primary guys and he would be a secondary option. Yeah I know, how bad would it suck to be in a position where the secondary guy is rated as high as foster.

Foster might possibly have signed his LOI by the time the blue bloods know whether or not they miss on their top targets.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Maybe Foster is a big fan of Chip and Joanna.
Who isn't? Of all the redecorating shows my wife has watched in the last 20+ years, the Chip and Joanna one is my favorite. That being said, when my wife suggested that we go to Waco for our 20th anniversary, I couldn't do anything but laugh.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Who isn't? Of all the redecorating shows my wife has watched in the last 20+ years, the Chip and Joanna one is my favorite. That being said, when my wife suggested that we go to Waco for our 20th anniversary, I couldn't do anything but laugh.

My mom wants to go there as well. Chip and Jo are probably responsible for most of Waco’s tourism revenue.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I don't think it is just the track record of Baylor having some bigs in the NBA is it the track record as well with how they do in college and Baylor also runs a lot of offense through the post. Seems like they always have a great big putting up great numbers and they usually play two big lineups.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone and Messi