***Official ISU Bowl Predictions***

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

I think Pollard was ready to push for the Alamo or Camping World bowl if we beat K-State, but no mention of those bowls in his radio interview. Looks like he is not out there campaigning for anything this year. He must have info that leads him to not want to get us excited about a possibility that might not happen. in other words, it is better to talk about the Liberty Bowl, but still have the Camping World or Texas Bowls as possibilities, than to get our hopes up about something only to return to the Liberty Bowl. Pollard is managing our expectations and keeping them really low this year. However, that doesn't mean that something isn't in the works.

• Agree
Reactions: RonBurgundy

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Give me a 1 dimensional offense like Navy in a bowl game.

Not to mention our offense would destroy their defense.

Correct, their defense is terrible this year.

Only thing is, their offense can suck the life out of the game. 3 yards, 3 yards, 1 yard. Go for it on 4th, 4 yards. -3 yards, 20 yard pop pass. 3 yards, 3 yards, 15 yards. So on and so on. And they usually score on 2 or 3 of those long drives. Puts pressure on the opponents offense to score every time they have the ball because they may only get 4 or 5 possessions if their d can't stop the option.

• Informative
Reactions: isu81

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Correct, their defense is terrible this year.

Only thing is, their offense can suck the life out of the game. 3 yards, 3 yards, 1 yard. Go for it on 4th, 4 yards. -3 yards, 20 yard pop pass. 3 yards, 3 yards, 15 yards. So on and so on. And they usually score on 2 or 3 of those long drives. Puts pressure on the opponents offense to score every time they have the ball because they may only get 4 or 5 possessions if their d can't stop the option.

I think our run defense would shut them down. And if they play slow that helps our defense even more by giving them a break.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
KSU was a one dimensional offense. How did that work out for us?

If you don't know the difference between preparing for a team like KSU who can and will throw the ball vs a team like navy that won't throw the ball then I am surprised you are smart enough be able to post in CF.

Jamahl Johnson would have a field day.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: Scott34 and CyTwins

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Thought it was interesting JP mentioned that the Texas Bowl would likely not want to pit UT and A&M against each other. Something about they would rather play each other under different circumstances. Not sure if that matters much for ISU but it was an interesting sidenote from the interview.
I'd guess the two schools may feel that way but the whole country would be watching if Texas played aTm. There's no better matchup for the T'Bowl than those two teams. K-State beat aTm there a couple of years ago and the rematch would be a one be meh!

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
If you don't know the difference between preparing for a team like KSU who can and will throw the ball vs a team like navy that won't throw the ball then I am surprised you are smart enough be able to post in CF.

I understand the difference. I was told our run D would easily contain KSU. They also only attempted 12 passes. Probably about what Navy would do. Not taking for granted we could shut them down.
I do think we would score easier though. Will agree with that.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I understand the difference. I was told our run D would easily contain KSU. They also only attempted 12 passes. Probably about what Navy would do. Not taking for granted we could shut them down.
I do think we would score easier though. Will agree with that.

But KSU has shown they can and will pass, so game planning to stop both the pass and run is harder than just game planning to stop the run.

And I would suspect if we did play Navy you'd see a entire different defensive scheme employed.

Dolokaju

Jun 8, 2006
Ok I’ve been thinking about this. I had ISU all the way down to the Cheezit. But the Thing to remember is ISU, Okie State, TX ans KState all tied for 3rd in the conference. Plus I didn’t think the B12 could make the CFP, but now I’m leaning that way. So that’d put a 2nd team in the NY6. That leaves the 4 teams all on the same line. Only differences are OSU and KState have one more win and OSU is ranked.
Obviously TX is a strong candidate for the Alamo. How do they not take them? So now we go to Camping World. They’ve been banking on TX, but without them, OSU was there 2 years ago plus has QB issues. KST just beat us but in front of a half full stadium on senior night. WE on the other hand had 50k+ for Kansas the week before. They wanted us last year and WE travelled in droves to San Antonio....In this scenario I can see them taking ISU.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
But KSU has shown they can and will pass, so game planning to stop both the pass and run is harder than just game planning to stop the run.

And I would suspect if we did play Navy you'd see a entire different defensive scheme employed.
Hope so. Pull make sense. I thought we should have went 4 front and run blitzed more against KSU. seemed the staff was stubborn to adjust.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Ok I’ve been thinking about this. I had ISU all the way down to the Cheezit. But the Thing to remember is ISU, Okie State, TX ans KState all tied for 3rd in the conference. Plus I didn’t think the B12 could make the CFP, but now I’m leaning that way. So that’d put a 2nd team in the NY6. That leaves the 4 teams all on the same line. Only differences are OSU and KState have one more win and OSU is ranked.
Obviously TX is a strong candidate for the Alamo. How do they not take them? So now we go to Camping World. They’ve been banking on TX, but without them, OSU was there 2 years ago plus has QB issues. KST just beat us but in front of a half full stadium on senior night. WE on the other hand had 50k+ for Kansas the week before. They wanted us last year and WE travelled in droves to San Antonio....In this scenario I can see them taking ISU.

I agree about KSU. People keep saying they travel well, but every game I've seen of theirs this year their stadium wasn't even close to being full.

• Disagree
Reactions: NoCreativity

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA

Agree, not to mention the amount of time to prepare for a one dimensional team.