***Official ISU Bowl Predictions***

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Independent schedule with 5 ACC opponents. ND has no excuse for not winning 10 games a year with the schedules they have.

To the person that disagreed with me, this was ND's schedule this year:

@ Louisville (W)
New Mexico (W)
@ Georgia (L)
Virginia (W)
Bowling Green (W)
USC (W)
@ Michigan (L)
Virginia Tech (W)
@ Duke (W)
Navy (W)
Boston College (W)
@ Stanford (W)

Are you really trying to argue that ND shouldn't have been expected to win 10 games with this schedule? They only played 2 teams better than them this year (and I'd say going into the game Michigan being better than them was highly debatable, although they ended up humiliating them)

Dolokaju

Jun 8, 2006
To the person that disagreed with me, this was ND's schedule this year:

@ Louisville (W)
New Mexico (W)
@ Georgia (L)
Virginia (W)
Bowling Green (W)
USC (W)
@ Michigan (L)
Virginia Tech (W)
@ Duke (W)
Navy (W)
Boston College (W)
@ Stanford (W)

Are you really trying to argue that ND shouldn't have been expected to win 10 games with this schedule? They only played 2 teams better than them this year (and I'd say going into the game Michigan being better than them was highly debatable, although they ended up humiliating them)
Expectations should be 9-10 wins to start...but there were several solid teams they have wins over.

Dolokaju

Jun 8, 2006
Ok I’ve been thinking about this. I had ISU all the way down to the Cheezit. But the Thing to remember is ISU, Okie State, TX ans KState all tied for 3rd in the conference. Plus I didn’t think the B12 could make the CFP, but now I’m leaning that way. So that’d put a 2nd team in the NY6. That leaves the 4 teams all on the same line. Only differences are OSU and KState have one more win and OSU is ranked.
Obviously TX is a strong candidate for the Alamo. How do they not take them? So now we go to Camping World. They’ve been banking on TX, but without them, OSU was there 2 years ago plus has QB issues. KST just beat us but in front of a half full stadium on senior night. WE on the other hand had 50k+ for Kansas the week before. They wanted us last year and WE travelled in droves to San Antonio....In this scenario I can see them taking ISU.
This aged well. As the saying goes, a blind dog can find a bone once in awhile.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Wow. Iowa State chosen over Oklahoma State and K-State by Camping World. Gotta love that Cyclone Nation and the Cyclone Football Program under Matt Campbell are that highly regarded. We are at the Big Boy Table. Show them we belong.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Here are the results from bowl predictions (with correct picks in green). Some of these so-called experts didn't get anything right except the ones related to the playoffs (and the Cheez-It Bowl!).

Seems that most went off-track on two picks: 1) didn't pick UT to go to the Alamo Bowl (duh), 2) didn't pick ISU to jump KSU and OSU (duh). The CBS and ESPN picks were worthless. As some posted earlier, McMurphy is the only one who does actual research and makes picks that are worth our attention. Confirmed!

2019 Big 12 Bowl Predictions
Name Affiliation Playoffs Sugar Alamo Camping Texas Liberty Cheez-It
Cycsk CF OU BU UT ISU OSU KSU -
Mandel Athletic OU BU UT KSU OSU ISU -
Palm CBS OU BU KSU UT OSU ISU -
Bonagura ESPN OU BU OSU UT KSU ISU -
Schlabach ESPN OU BU KSU UT OSU ISU -
McMurphy Stadium OU BU UT ISU OSU KSU -

Lassan Athlon - OU BU UT OSU KSU ISU
Smith USA Today OU BU OSU UT ISU KSU -
Crawford 247 OU BU KSU UT OSU ISU -

• Informative
Reactions: KcCyclone77

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I think Pollard was ready to push for the Alamo or Camping World bowl if we beat K-State, but no mention of those bowls in his radio interview. Looks like he is not out there campaigning for anything this year. He must have info that leads him to not want to get us excited about a possibility that might not happen. in other words, it is better to talk about the Liberty Bowl, but still have the Camping World or Texas Bowls as possibilities, than to get our hopes up about something only to return to the Liberty Bowl. Pollard is managing our expectations and keeping them really low this year. However, that doesn't mean that something isn't in the works.

My hunches after the Pollard interview with C-Dubs about bowl possibilities were pretty much on-target.

I wonder how much grief he took for leading the fans to think we were going to the Liberty Bowl again, even though he knew there was a Camping World Bowl possibility in the works. Hope this helps us withhold our preliminary judgment about Pollard. He played us like a guitar!

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Here are the results from bowl predictions (with correct picks in green). Some of these so-called experts didn't get anything right except the ones related to the playoffs (and the Cheez-It Bowl!).

Seems that most went off-track on two picks: 1) didn't pick UT to go to the Alamo Bowl (duh), 2) didn't pick ISU to jump KSU and OSU (duh). The CBS and ESPN picks were worthless. As some posted earlier, McMurphy is the only one who does actual research and makes picks that are worth our attention. Confirmed!

2019 Big 12 Bowl Predictions
Name Affiliation Playoffs Sugar Alamo Camping Texas Liberty Cheez-It
Cycsk CF OU BU UT ISU OSU KSU -
Mandel Athletic OU BU UT KSU OSU ISU -
Palm CBS OU BU KSU UT OSU ISU -
Bonagura ESPN OU BU OSU UT KSU ISU -
Schlabach ESPN OU BU KSU UT OSU ISU -
McMurphy Stadium OU BU UT ISU OSU KSU -

Lassan Athlon - OU BU UT OSU KSU ISU
Smith USA Today OU BU OSU UT ISU KSU -
Crawford 247 OU BU KSU UT OSU ISU -
This confirms that Palm doesn’t know anything about football either. Figured he was just ignorant about CBB, but it bleeds into football too.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: Cycsk and twojman

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Don't know if CMC uses board material to motivate the team, but if he does, there is definitely no shortage from the ND writers. Last blowhard I read said the Irish should have gone to a lesser bowl like the Pinstripe so they could play 'somebody'.
Man, I hope Purdy is on.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonedave25