***Official ISU Bowl Predictions***

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I want to know how people can get the 200 level tickets. Thought they might be school tickets but appear not.
I’m 90% sure those won’t go on sale until they’ve already sold out of the lower level tickets. At least by looking at pictures from previous years, often times it was 100% empty in the upper deck. A few big matchups with a local team and it was filled up top. So I would not count on the 200 level opening up, at least for the next week or two.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Urbandale2013

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
post this now that we are the opp.

https://fightingirishwire.usatoday.com/2019/12/05/notre-dame-camping-world-bowl-opponent-picks/3/

"Iowa State entered the year riding the momentum of a 2018 season that saw them score upsets over Oklahoma State and West Virginia before ultimately falling in an exciting Alamo Bowl to Washington State and finishing 8-5.

Thought by some to be an outside threat to challenge for a top-two spot in the conference year, the Cyclones had a bit of a rough start barely escaping their week-one contest over Northern Iowa before falling at home to Iowa two weeks later.

Like Kansas State, this match-up would be the first ever between the Irish and Cyclones. With Matt Campbell leading Iowa State (for now, at least) it could be a very highly respected offensive mind that Notre Dame would have to game-plan against all while it’d easily be the biggest bowl game Iowa State ever played in.

With it being a potential Super Bowl of sorts for them and an underwhelming final game for Notre Dame, my upset alert radar would be going crazy before this one.

How bad do we want it? (1-10): 1.5 This would be another no-win situation for Notre Dame while it’d be one of the biggest games Iowa State ever played in. Beat Notre Dame in a bowl game and Matt Campbell enters 2020 as the next great thing (even though plenty of folks already believe that to be true). In a game like the Camping World Bowl where the Irish are going to be understandably a bit disappointed to be at, I hate the idea of playing a team who would likely view it as program-changing. Not that Notre Dame isn’t better but I wouldn’t be thrilled with this match-up in any capacity, although potentially laughing at the guy down the street with an Iowa State flag that occasionally flies could be semi-fun."

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
post this now that we are the opp.

https://fightingirishwire.usatoday.com/2019/12/05/notre-dame-camping-world-bowl-opponent-picks/3/

"Iowa State entered the year riding the momentum of a 2018 season that saw them score upsets over Oklahoma State and West Virginia before ultimately falling in an exciting Alamo Bowl to Washington State and finishing 8-5.

Thought by some to be an outside threat to challenge for a top-two spot in the conference year, the Cyclones had a bit of a rough start barely escaping their week-one contest over Northern Iowa before falling at home to Iowa two weeks later.

Like Kansas State, this match-up would be the first ever between the Irish and Cyclones. With Matt Campbell leading Iowa State (for now, at least) it could be a very highly respected offensive mind that Notre Dame would have to game-plan against all while it’d easily be the biggest bowl game Iowa State ever played in.

With it being a potential Super Bowl of sorts for them and an underwhelming final game for Notre Dame, my upset alert radar would be going crazy before this one.

How bad do we want it? (1-10): 1.5 This would be another no-win situation for Notre Dame while it’d be one of the biggest games Iowa State ever played in. Beat Notre Dame in a bowl game and Matt Campbell enters 2020 as the next great thing (even though plenty of folks already believe that to be true). In a game like the Camping World Bowl where the Irish are going to be understandably a bit disappointed to be at, I hate the idea of playing a team who would likely view it as program-changing. Not that Notre Dame isn’t better but I wouldn’t be thrilled with this match-up in any capacity, although potentially laughing at the guy down the street with an Iowa State flag that occasionally flies could be semi-fun."

JFC. I just don’t think of Notre Dame, USC, and Michigan in that elite tier anymore where people are so happy to have a chance to play against them. FYI you’re in the same bowl as we are. Says more about them and their falling program than it does about us.

• Agree
Reactions: alarson

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
all while it’d easily be the biggest bowl game Iowa State ever played in.

The ND write up is wrong because it missed the bowl we played in... last year. Unless the allure of a 10-2 Notre Dame is supposed to raise this game’s profile so significantly.

I get being bummed about facing a 7-5 team without a strong history/name, and I just hope that carries over to the coaches and players so we can get our biggest bowl *win* of all time. Now that would be accurate!

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
JFC. I just don’t think of Notre Dame, USC, and Michigan in that elite tier anymore where people are so happy to have a chance to play against them. FYI you’re in the same bowl as we are. Says more about them and their falling program than it does about us.

Notre Dame hasn't been falling. 10-2 this year. 12-1 last year 10-3 the year before. Them being Independent is why they are in this bowl. If they were an actual ACC team they would be in the Orange Bowl. I think we can beat them though. It's still Notre Dame, so yeah, I'm very excited about ISU having the chance to take down a very good Irish team.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
The crowd for this game is going to be crazy. ISU will out draw them, of course, but I'm guessing the stadium will be packed.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Notre Dame hasn't been falling. 10-2 this year. 12-1 last year 10-3 the year before. Them being Independent is why they are in this bowl. If they were an actual ACC team they would be in the Orange Bowl. I think we can beat them though. It's still Notre Dame, so yeah, I'm very excited about ISU having the chance to take down a very good Irish team.

That 10-2 is mostly because of that independent schedule though too. They'd probably be an ~8 win team on our schedule.